05

So Close!

---

Madison's POV

I have been waiting in their basement for a few minters now. Just as I was going to shout at them to let me out, the door opened, and I could see Cora shoving in a shirtless Peter. Even in the dark I can see his abs.

No, Madison. No! Don't think that!

But they are right there!

I said no! ... They are nice.

See!

No! Wait, why am I having an argument with myself?

"Hey!" he shouted as the door closed, he went up to it to try and open it but it wasn't moving, so he rested his head on the door with his back to me.

"Operation: Petison!" I heard Laura shout.

Petison? What is that? Is that a name?

"Petison?" I asked

He was silent for a few second then started to laugh, but it was a nervous laugh. He turned to face me and rubbed the back of this neck. "Petsion. Peter and Madison. It's a ship name."

"Oh." was all I said.

I already said to Laura that I like him as a brother. He does have nice abs. No! I'm not starting that again. He has a skin colour shirt.

"Can you at least pass me a shirt?" Peter said to the three outside.

Thank you, Peter. I was trying to picture you with a shirt on!

"No, it makes to easier. Madi, does he have nice abs?" Laura shouted from the opposite side.

"I'm not going to answer that."

"She likes them." Cora tried to say quietly but I heard her.

"Hey!"

Peter walked over and sat on top of the table, where I was. "We are going to be here a long time, we might as well talk about what we have done the past 10 years."

We shared more stories about birthdays, Christmas and other things.

I told him what happened on my 18th birthday. My parents gave me three tickets to go to Paris in France for two weeks. I asked my friends, Amy Burns and Aaron Burns, twins, to come with me. Of course, they said yes.

Our hotel room was huge and beautiful. There were only two bedrooms so me and Amy shared, I don't think Aaron would want to share a room with a girl. Mine and Amy's room was mainly white. The walls were, the beds were, and the carpets were.

We went to the Eiffel Tower. I wanted to drop a coin from the top, but Aaron keep on saying that it could kill someone because it can't reach thermal velocity. I have no idea what that is, so I stepped away from the edge to he won't use any more confusing words that will make my head explode.

One night we were walking to our hotel when we saw a shop. In the windows there were big jars of Nutella. We thought it would be fun to buy one and watch films, so that is what we did. We ate, like haft of it until we felt sick The next day we stayed in the hotel room because we still felt sick.

"About a year ago, Amy and Aaron left the town because they said that the place was 'dangerous' and 'not safe'. They left to go to London to live with some family. When they were leaving they said, 'In a few months we will come and visit you', but they never did." I finished. I had some tears in my eyes and I tried my hardest to not let them fall.

You are probably thinking 'Why are you crying? They left you?'. True, but they did ask if I wanted to go and I refused. They were like my brother and sister. I loved them.

I reached into my pocket and got my phone out. I was looking for a picture of us three sitting a tree and after I hit the button to take the picture, Aaron fell off the tree. When I found the picture, the tears were rolling down my face.

I gave the phone to Peter and he smiled a little. He turned to look at me- I had my head down- and he placed his hand on top of mine- my hand was on my lap. I lifted my head to look at Peter. He used his other hand reached out and wiped the tears away with his thumb.

At this point my heart was racing a mile a minute. Why is this happening? I wondered as I looked into his beautiful blue eyes. Even though the tears are gone his thumb was still rubbing my cheek. That little action was making my heart jump up and down. What is going on with me?

I tried to pull away, but his blue eyes called me to him. He moved some of my hair behind my ear and continued to stroke my cheek. If he had super hearing he would be able to hear my heart trying to jump out of my chest.

Suddenly I could see Peter leaning in. Oh God is he going to kiss me? I wonder if his lips are soft. I would like to know. Should I? Should I not? Hmmm, hell yess! This is Peter Hale. Yeah Derek is okay, but he is 10 years younger than me. So yes, I will lean in as well.

I could feel his nose brush against my nose and cheek. My cheek has been touched a lot today. Anyway, soon our lips brush together, we were about to press them together when we heard the lock on the basement door open. We jumped apart just in time for Talia not to see what we were about to do.

"Madison, I am very sorry for my children's behaviour in locking you in here. I also hope that my brother hasn't been annoying." She said.

"No, it was okay and I had fun with Peter." I looked over at Peter and smiled which he gladly returned. I looked down and blushed.

"Oh okay, well your Uncle is here to take you home."

"My Uncle? What is he doing in Beacon Hills?" I asked. My Uncle was born in London he only comes over for important holidays. He is only like 6 years older than me. He is my dad's brother.

"He said he was going to be staying here for a week and your Mum and Dad are still in work."

"Okay," I turned to Peter "Bye Peter." and gave him a hug. I walked out of the basement to see the three musketeers (AKA Laura, Derek and Cora)

"So, what did you do?" Laura said smiling. We started to walk upstairs to the living room where my Uncle is.

"Two words: So close!"

"Did you kiss?" Cora asked.

"Again, two words: So close!"

We walked into the living to see my Uncle sitting on the couch. He must have heard us because he jumped up from the couch and gave me a big hug.

"Oh, Hey Uncle Deuc." That is just the short name. His name is Deucalion.

"Hey Madison, I have missed you" He said with his British accent. He stepped away from me to get a good look at me.

"You have grown so much. Okay come on it is getting dark out."

We said are goodbyes and we went to his car and he drove me home.

When we got home it was 10:15 so I said goodnight to Uncle Deuc and went to my bed. I look out the window to see the moon but tonight it's different.

Tonight. it's in the shape that only happens once a month.

Tonight, it's the full moon.