chapter three: emerald eyes

"Steven Grant Rogers, do you have a death wish!?"

Aurora Amedeo liked to think she was a rational person. She always thought things through- thinking of every possible outcome before it happened and was always 10 steps ahead. In this moment in time however, Aurora's body seemed to be acting on instinct- her mind drawing a blank. But the only clear thought in her head was 'damn, Steve really does have the survival skills of a squirrel on cocaine. I am so going to beat his ass when we get back'

"Rory, less talking- more fighting!" Nat shouted, shooting at The Winter Soldier, who seemed to dodge the bullets before they were even fired.

After taking a look at the footage, the four of them- Clint, Aurora, Natasha and Steve- had suited up immediately and made their way to the abandoned building in which the Winter Soldier was attacking a group of S.H.I.E.L.D agents. It was a simple extraction mission that should have only taken about half an hour, however things went south when some of the agents started disappearing, it wasn't until the Winter Soldier revealed himself did they call for backup. Now, at least 20 S.H.I.E.L.D agents were either dead, or unconscious. It seemed Bucky also had backup, there were about 30 agents in HYDRA uniform attacking the group.

Aurora Amedeo had been an agent since she was 16 after accidentally exposing her powers. Many tests were run but nobody could figure out how she got them or even the extent of them. So they were kept a secret and she was trained by Fury and Phil Coulson for a few years before being mentored by none other than Natasha Romanoff and Clint Barton.

Only a few trusted agents knew of Aurora's powers, which is why she never used them in battle and opted to use knives, guns and her top tier fighting skills.

However, right now, they were outranked and outnumbered . The HYDRA agents just kept flooding in and they were good. Too good. She had no choice.

That's what she kept telling herself, anyway.

'I have no choice'

'No choice'

So, she began.

She closed her eyes, concentrating on the feeling of power slowly building in her chest.

And she opened her eyes.

And her usually light grey eyes were acid green.

okay this chapter was a bit rushed :/

so we're seeing a bit more into aurora's powers which i just realised i haven't mentioned before oops

so yes rory has powers, any guesses on what it is? the green eyes are a bit of a clue but she does have multiple powers but she's not a mary sue (i hope)

so the description says that this is a slowburn which it is but it is very slow, we still have to get bucky and aurora to properly meet. bucky is still in HYDRA's control (for now)

i literally cannot wait for bucky and rory's relationship bsisnekfnrjf

thanks for reading - k♡