chapter twenty-eight: pepper's boyfriend- part two

"Aurora, please. Leave the poor man alone."

"Not until he tells me the truth!"

"What truth?"

"That he's Batman!"

"Rory," Bruce sighed, gently leading the drunk woman away from the random man who was just trying to dance. "Batman isn't real." He revealed with a sorry smile.

She gasped.

"What?!"

"He's a fictional superhero."

"W-well so are you!" Rory frowned, clearly upset.

"No, I'm not." He said kindly, though he was holding in a laugh.

"Next you're gonna tell me Santa isn't real!" She laughed at the absurdity of the thought.

Bruce was silent and Rory gasped again, her eyes filling with tears.

"No." She whispered. "No, no, no, no, no. He's real! I know he's real!"

"He's not."

"T-then who left me all the presents on Christmas?" She drunkenly sobbed.

"Your parents, probably." Bruce shrugged.

"Please," She rolled her eyes, suddenly no longer upset. Bruce didn't know whether to be impressed or concerned at the abrupt mood change. "my parents haven't gotten me anything since I was like 10."

"Well then who was it?"

"Gasp!"

"Did you just say-"

"It was my brother! That lying little rat!"

And that led to the two hour long phone conversation of Aurora and Emilio while Tony Stark drunkenly sang karaoke in the background (he was singing 'One Call Away', a fact Rory would never let him live down).

"Rora, its late. C'mon, let's go home." Bucky smiled, gently slipping his arm around a drunk Aurora's waist four hours into his first ever Stark party.

"No, I gotta say bye to Peppa!"

"Pepper?"

"Yes. She's a CEO, did you know that? That means if I really wanted her to be, she could be my sugar mommy. Oh, I actually used to have a sugar mommy! Her name was Kat, she was really fucking hot and rich and an absolute milf. She used to-"

"Rora, Pepper's right there."

"Peppy!" Aurora grinned, stumbling out of Bucky's hold towards the woman who was sitting on a couch, watching her boyfriend slow dance with Thor, despite the upbeat song.

"Rory!" Pepper smiled, getting up to hug her.

Aurora stumbled into Pepper's arms a little too hard and ended up falling ontop of her. They both groaned and Bucky snorted.