chapter twenty-six: the b-word

"So, are we going to talk about what you called me last night?"

"A dickhead?"

"No."

"A wanker?"

"No?"

"Captain America's whore?"

"What? No!"

"A whiny little tin can?" Aurora guessed again.

"You didn't call me that?" Bucky frowned in confusion.

"I most definitely did."

"Ouch." He frowned and the hungover Rory flipped him off. "But, I mean the b-word."

"A bitch?"

"The other b-word." He hinted.

"Bastard?"

"Boyfriend, you idiot!"

Aurora sighed. She had just woken up, was hungover and honestly didn't have the energy to hear about how she apparently called him her boyfriend the night before.

"James, darling," She spoke condescendingly as she trudged into the kitchen. "I'm too sober for this."

Bucky sighed and helped her get a glass from the cupboard.

"I'm just saying, I didn't know we were dating." He shrugged.

"We're not. We're just having really great sex. Now, get me some aspirin. My head is killing me."

"So, when are you and Bucky gonna admit you're in love with each other?"

"When you learn to mind your own business, Clinton."

"But that's never gonna- oh." He frowned in realisation.

"Exactly."

"$10 they do it before next week." Nat said, pulling out her wallet.

"Hey! You're supposed to be on my side!" Aurora pouted.

"Amedeo, what did I tell you about pouting in the workplace?" Fury boomed from behind her.

"Little foggy on it."

"It's unprofessional." He reminded her.

"So is an eyepatch." She pointed out.

"I don't know why I hired you." Fury muttered.

"Because I'm an excellent agent, Nicky." She smiled innocently. "In fact, I'm the best agent you've ever had. I'm amazing at missions, I have badass superpowers and it's a bonus that I'm fucking adorable-"

"Okay one, you're okay at missions." Fury interrupted. "Two, your powers are boring and three, you're not that cute."

Aurora gasped, holding her hand to her chest.

"My heart! My beautiful, beautiful heart! It's broken! You've hurt me, Nicholas. Truly hurt me." She fake sobbed, clutching her chest dramatically.

"Dramatic little shit." Fury muttered before clearing his throat. "You three have a mission. See you in 10."

"Suit up!" Clint said, mimicking what Steve usually said.

"Pack it up, Barney Stinson." Aurora rolled her eyes. "You know, Robin Scherbatsky kinda looks like Maria."

"She does!" Nat gasped.

"I'm confused?" Clint frowned.

"That's nothing new." Nat snickered and Rory snorted.

"You'd think after being an agent for 10 years, I'd know how to dodge a bullet."

"Sit down, Agent Amedeo, we're taking you to the infirmary." Agent Mitch Allen said as he gently pushed her back onto the gurney.

"Don't tell me what to do, you're not my dad. Oh wait, he's dead!" Aurora giggled, high on whatever they gave her to numb the pain.

During the mission, Aurora had gotten shot in the right shoulder. Nat had shouted at her for not being careful enough and Clint just laughed as she winced in pain.

They had both left to fill out the mission reports while Aurora was taken to the infirmary.

Rory didn't really care about the pain, though, all she cared about was how Bucky was going to react when she got home.

"Oh, God, Borky's gonna kill me. Euthanize me, Mitch. Get it over with." She exclaimed, grabbing Agent Allen by the collar and shaking him aggressively.

"Uh, Agent Ame-"

"Call me Rory."

"Okay, uh. Can you please let go of me, Rory? So I can patch you up." The poor Agent said.

"Yes of course, you beautiful man." Aurora said, knowing Mitch was gay and wouldn't think she was flirting with him.

She released him and he wheeled her down to the hall into the infirmary.

"Oh, can you please give me more of those fun little drugs you gave me earlier?" She bat her eyelashes.

"Uh, I don't think I'm allowed-"

"Listen here, Mitchy ditchy, rules are meant to be broken! Hand. Me. The. Drugs."

"Amedeo, please let the poor man do his job." Fury said from the doorway.

"Nicky! Did you just appear out of thin air? That's so cool, can you teach me?"

"Sedate her." Fury ordered, already annoyed at her.

"Wha-"

It all went black.

'love you too, nicky'

filler chapter yee yee 🤠

vote and comment

thanks for reading-k♡