home | 17

⌜                                                           ⌝

trauma - chapter seventeen

⌞                                                           ⌟

Everyone watched as All Might and Nomu landed hits on each other back to back, both of them relentlessly attacking each other without rest. Their arms seemed to turn into whips at the sheer rate they were being swung at.

Each strike was so powerful it caused a strong wind to form around the two, the ground cracking piece by piece by the force alone.

It seemed like All Might was winning as he pushed the nomu further and further away, overpowering the shock absorption quirk the villain had.

It was then when everything seemed to go in slow-motion.

Nomu's fist suddenly appeared right next to All Might's face, the number one hero's eyes widening ever so slightly as he didn't have enough time to react.

"!"

A large dust cloud appeared as harsh winds spread outwards from where the two were, the sound of skin hitting skin echoing within the building as everybody tried to shield themselves from the impact.

Midoriya quickly tried to look at the center of the fight, his heart pounding as the dust cloud made it hard to see anything.

'Did Nomu defeat All Might?'

Shigaraki's eyes opened widely, a large grin threatening to spread across his face as he imagined All Might lifeless body on the floor, his students stunned in shock as they realized the number one hero was finally dead.

A burst of maniacal laughter escaped him as his red eyes shrunk crazily. His body shook with every laugh, the male's eyes wandering at various speeds as the dust finally being to set.

"Hm? Is this something to be laughing about?"

A cold yet scarily gentle voice carried through the wind, instantly stopping Shigaraki's actions.

Everybody froze at the newcomer's words, finally spotting the [h/c] hair waving gently in the dust.

"[y-y/n]-san? What are you-"

Midoriya's words got caught in his throat as his eyes widened even more at what he was seeing. Todoroki, Bakugo, and Kirishima were all speechless at the sight as well, sweat dripping down the sides of their face as they wondered how it was even possible.

All Might, who they all presumed to be on the floor injured, was alive and breathing. The punch the nomu had thrown had never even grazed the prohero's cheek as another person's hand dealt with the blow instead.

Nomu's throat made a strange sound as his other arm winded backward as it tried landing a hit on the male before him, however, the impact didn't seem to affect the male at all as the ground cracked underneath their feet.