the reason behind it all | 25

⌜                                                            ⌝

trauma - chapter twenty five

⌞                                                            ⌟

[y/n] didn't care much about the sports festival. If anything, catching the attention of pro heroes was something he wanted to avoid altogether. Granted, he already drew enough attention to himself as he got acquainted with the nation's number one hero and prominent figures across the board, but there was nothing he could do about that.

So obviously, anyone in his position would downplay the rest of his abilities, get hit a few times, and eventually lose the match. 

That's what [y/n] had in mind, but unfortunately, his opponent had other thoughts.

"[y/n] YOU FUCKING EXTRA!" 

Bakugou's voice rang loud and clear through the [h/c] haired male's ears, the guy swerving to the side as a hand was roughly thrust in front of him, an explosion following soon after.

"FACE ME LIKE YOU DID THE OTHER DAY!"

The hotheaded male was extremely pissed off at [y/n], the anger apparent on his face as he used his quirk over and over again. His hits barely managed to scratch the [h/c] haired male, and even then it was only because he allowed him to.

Bakugou knew this very well.

"There's no possible way I could Bakugou-san-" [y/n] evaded yet another attack, "There are eyes watching us."

With a flip in the air, [y/n] skid across the ring as Bakguou's attacks finally halted, the blond male panting as he tried to regain his breath. 

"Hah- so what?! Forget them and-" Bakugou ran towards [y/n], his quirk already activating mid-run, "Fight me!"

Bakugou's fist was met with a large water barrier, [y/n]'s figure seen clearly on the other side as it descaled the explosive attack. An annoyed sound left the shorter male as he launched yet another attack, the same thing happening as he repeated it over and over.

"You say all this bullshit about putting forth your all- but what about you?!" The moment Bakugou's quirk met contact with the water, the male was seen flying back as the barrier exploded into tiny water particles that fell soon after.

"Ack-" Rolling on the ground a few times, the stubborn male quickly got back up as he wiped the water away from his face, a few droplets found on his hair and clothes. 

He blinked once and found [y/n] right in front of him, his eyes widening as he felt a strong force kick him in his ribcage, sending him flying once again. A few winces were heard from the crowd, but many ignored it as their eyes were glued to this intense fight before them.