back when | 29

⌜                                                    ⌝

trauma - chapter twenty nine

⌞                                                    ⌟

The leaves stemming from the branches of the trees ever so slightly scrapped against [y/n]'s cheek as his figure hopped from one place to another.

"You know you'd be branded as a traitor if the council were to ever find out about this."

Itachi's voice echoed through [y/n]'s head as the tall male shook his head lightly, his foot pushing away at another tree branch. A charming smile took place on the [h/c] haired male's face, his eyes glancing at the person beside him.

"I could say the same for you, Itachi."

His rich voice and words caused a chuckle to resonate between the two as they eventually came to a stop, their feet softly hitting the bright grass.

In the middle of seemingly no where, a small forest clearing with a river stream settled before them. The sounds of the water rushing in calmed their nerves as [y/n] took small steps forward.

The wind blew in his hair as he seemed to bask in the sun's rays. His skin practically radiating as his entire body seem to glow.

Looking over his shoulder, his [e/c] eyes made contact with Itachi's, the world's softest smile on his face as he put his hand out.

"The sun's not gonna sit around and wait for you," he said, a lighthearted joking tone laced within his words, "Come over here."

And for what seemed like an eternity, Itachi stood still in the shadows. His inner turmoil fighting as he stared at [y/n]'s hand. His body, so close to moving, but his mind wouldn't let him.

If he was seen, if  they were seen, he wouldn't know what to do.

He risked it all for his village, for his little brother, and just being close to [y/n] could throw all of it away.

"..."

[y/n] eyes furrowed together for a fraction of a second before he started moving again. His hand, still out, as he stepped closer to the male next to him.

"Itachi..."

Soft and full of warmth, [y/n]'s voice snapped the male out of the lingering thoughts in his mind. The [h/c] haired male gently grabbed Itachi's hand, and with the slight pull into the sunlight, the two embraced the warm summer air together.

"Doesn't that feel better?"

Looking down at their hands that somehow intertwined with one another, Itachi nodded.