YEAR ONE: Chapter Three

Rapunzel quickly found that the four-poster beds in the dorms were ridiculously comfortable, and she never wanted to get out. After she woke up she lay there for an additional ten minutes, wanting nothing more than to stay comfortable under the blankets and go back to sleep.

Alas, that wasn't going to happen.

Hermione had to pretty much drag her out of bed, with shouts of: "You'll be late for breakfast, and class!"

It had taken quite a bit of effort on Hermione's part, but now Rapunzel was in the Great Hall devouring breakfast.

She had never seen this much food before, and there was that little voice in the back of her head telling her to eat as much as she could because she would never see this much food again, even though she knew it wasn't true.

It seemed Fred and George were in the same boat, scarfing down their breakfasts under the concerned and slightly judgemental gaze of Lee Jordan.

"Are you guys never not hungry?" Lee asked the three of them incredulously, however his gaze was now trained on Pascal, who sat beside Rapunzel's plate and was happily eating some of the food given to him by her.

"I've never seen this much food in my entire life, I'm going to eat it. Why else would it be here?" Rapunzel briefly explained before returning to her breakfast. Lee gave a look of fair enough.

"Have you thought of a nickname for me yet?" Fred asked through a mouthful of bacon, which caused Rapunzel to snort at how ridiculous he looked.

"I have been thinking...of course I'm no nickname master yet so this one's just a starter." Rapunzel started, breaking off a piece of toast for Pascal.

"Alright, hit me with it." Fred leaned forward slightly with anticipation, resting his chin on his hands.

"Freckles." Rapunzel said with a smile. "My nickname is based off my appearance, so is yours."

"Not bad for your first nickname." Fred said now through a mouthful of toast, while George rolled his eyes at them.

"Do I get a nickname?" George piped up, looking at Rapunzel and his twin with a raised eyebrow, looking as if he knew something they didn't.

"I'll have to think about one for you, can't give you guys the same nickname." Rapunzel said, somewhat thoughtful as she began to think of one for George.

"Why not? We look the same." George joked. Him and Fred were pretty used to being treated as if they were one person, so it didn't bother them as much as it used to; and when it did they wouldn't say anything.

"But you're not the same, and you don't look exactly alike. Fred's more freckly." Rapunzel's brow furrowed as she closely inspected George's features to determine a nickname.

"What about 'Red?' I know you probably get teased for being ginger all the time, but it'll be a friendly name." Rapunzel finally suggested, watching George mull it over.

"Red it is."

~*~

The first few two months of Hogwarts got Rapunzel was mostly spent adjusting to her new life, actually having friends to hang out with was new and exciting. She did her best to routinely write to her father and tell him all about it, and he was proud to find out she was a Gryffindor just like him. Not to mention she gave her all to excel in all her classes, just like him too.

Before she knew it Halloween had rolled around, which unbeknownst to her would set in motion a chain of events that would influence the years to come.