Chapter 69 - The Gift

The balloons flew into the sky. Defne mentally whispered prayers to them. She asked heaven to be merciful to her family. Do not punish them with troubles and losses. Don't ruin their happiness. She asked for a bright fate for Emine Diana, endless love for herself and Omer, long life for grandmother and grandfather. She asked that friends be calm and happy, and their children were born healthy. She asked that the disease should not return to the cute birds Nisa, Kumru, and Dila, and the rebel Jansu Baisal would find peace of mind. She asked that the first feelings of Esra and Mert not break against the wall of lies and cruelty.

Defne watched until the last balloon became a dot high in the sky. Having disappeared without a trace, they left a huge trace in her soul, like the universe. Smiling, she turned away from the window and almost fainted from fear. Koray was holding baby Emine Diana in his arms. She fully fit into his huge palm, and her doll face looked very pleased.

- Koray, - Defne croaked and rushed to him, instinctively holding out her hands and securing the head. - You will drop her!

- Never! - He confidently answered and shouted at the scared mom: - Get out of here! You are preventing Diana and me from getting to know each other. Yes, my sweet girl? - He cooed to the baby, who drove her eyes-olives and folded her lips like a bow. - Ay, what a beauty you are! All in mom! Or dad? - He turned his eyes thoughtfully and immediately exclaimed: - Ay, what's the difference! Both are beautiful! And you will be beautiful, my princess Diana! Korish will teach you to be capricious, and you will harass mom and dad.

- What a wonderful prospect, - Defne muttered and demanded: - Koray, return the child to mom! It's time for Emine to feed. And you will not be present! She said decisively, jabbing her finger into his powerful chest. "You'll go home and show up here only tomorrow."

- Ay, wait! - putting Emine in the crib, Koray waved her aside. He took out his phone and began to photograph the girl from all sides.

- Koray! - Defne said with all the severity she was capable of. - God forbid, photos of Emine appear in newspapers! I'll strangle you! I swear I'll strangle!

Koray looked at her as if she were crazy and, tapping his forehead with his finger, asked:

- Skinny, are you crazy? Where does Diana go to the newspapers?! So many people with unkind eyes and watch! Will curse the child! Not! Not! And no! These photos are just for me! Well, maybe I'll show them to Nero. The Black Mamba forbade her to visit you. He said not to disturb you, otherwise, he will take the mansion. She's nervous all over, so much wants to see Diana, - he rumbled. The baby curled up and her lower lip quivered. Koray widened his eyes in fear and raised his hands. - I'm leaving, leaving, my life! Tomorrow I will come and bring you a present, - he pushed Defne to the bed and angrily ordered: - Feed the baby! What kind of mother is this?! Muddle! Bye Bye! - He waved his hand on the move and swam out of the room.

Defne breathed a sigh of relief and, taking her whimpering daughter in her arms, spoke:

- Praise be to Allah! Gone! My soul, Koray is a wonderful friend, but I feel he will drive us crazy, - she sat down in a chair and gave the baby a breast. Examining the tiny face, and gently stroking the red fluff on the round head, she said: - And where did our dad get lost? The balloons flew into the sky long ago, but he still does not come.

Omer, who had been quietly standing in the doorway for a couple of minutes, smiled a satisfied smile. Defne missed him. Wants to see him. How good! He pushed off the doorframe, silently closed the door, and went into the room. Defne noticed her husband and her face lit up.

- Are you here! How good. Where have you been? And why is it taking so long? We missed you!

He kissed her lips first, then the top of Emine's head, and only then replied: