Chapter 12 I love

Tranba was waiting for him in the deserted corridor, which led to the elevator. He stood with a bored look, legs wide apart and hands clasped in his trouser pockets. Realizing that to pass by, pretending that he had not noticed his constant rival, would look at least implausible, Omer sighed and stopped.

"I'm listening to you, Denise."

"Do you love her so much?" - asked Tranba.

Omer was surprised not so much by the question as to the tone it was asked. Ordinary malice and bravado disappeared. He spoke ... normally. And he looked like a man whose world was turned upside down. Omer looked into his eyes and answered:

- So much.

Tranba shook his head in disbelief.

- I don't believe it. This doesn't happen. For a man, business is always more important than a woman.

Omer smiled wryly.

- Until a certain moment, it is. But when you meet Her ... everything changes. There is nothing more important than love, Denise.

Tranba intensely scanned Omer's face, as if he wanted to find traces of falsehood there. But they were not there.

"Why are you revealing the cards and telling me the truth?"

"Because you ask openly." No catch, "Omer answered.

Denise bowed his head, and then from under his eyebrows looked Omer in the eye and firmly declared:

"I will not yield to you Defne."

"She is already mine," he answered confidently.

"She wants a divorce," Tranba reminded him.

- She is mistaken. There will be no divorce.

- You're so sure?

- Absolutely!

Tranba laughed hoarsely and returned his usual ironic-mocking expression to his face.

"You're still the same arrogant man." And I thought that Defne was able to change you. But there are no miracles. ... Okay, I wanted to tease you and specifically put it wrong. To paraphrase my words: I will not yield Defne to Passionis. Her talent belongs to Tranba.

"Defne herself will make this decision," Omer muttered through gritted teeth.

"You're right," Denise agreed. "But I will do my best to choose Tranba."

"But you understand that I will do my best for Defne to return to Passionis?" - countered Omer.

Tranba grinned and declared:

- She won't be back.

- You're so sure? Omer repeated the question that Denise had previously asked him.

"Absolutely," Denise repeated his answer. - In Tranba Defne is an independent designer, personality, star. But if she returns to Passionis, she will again become your application, your shadow. Current Defne will not want this.

Omer's chest tightened painfully. He never looked at Defne from such an angle, but now he understood that Denise was right and that was why he wanted to slap his smug physiognomy.

And before, and now he was seeing her as part of himself, and he did not want to change anything. She is his Defne, his soul, his ... she is just his!

He straightened up and asked coldly:

"Is that all you wanted to tell me?"

Tranba mockingly bent eyebrows.