Chapter 80 - God works in mysterious ways

"It's a dog's death," said grandma Turkan when the police reported the death of her former son-in-law.

Serdar just gritted his teeth and went to do the funeral. He was the only one present at it. With completely dry eyes, he stood at the edge of the grave, threw three handfuls of earth into it, and left to forever forget the man who, having given the seed for his birth, never became a father.

Defne and Omer met with the investigator. He said that the case of Kadir Shishmaz was closed.

- Will his death be investigated? Defne asked.

The policeman averted his eyes and replied:

- The investigation is underway, but from my practice, I know that such seekings do not yield results. Kadir Shishmaz was strangled at night, in a dream, with a pillow. There are forty suspects in the cell. We interrogated everyone, but they unanimously insist that they were fast asleep and did not hear anything. Trust me, none of them will ever change their testimony. The murder weapon has not been identified either. There are forty pillows in the cell. It is not known which of them was used. Most likely, this crime will remain unsolved.

He kept silent about the fact that he would not even make efforts to solve the murder of the scoundrel Shishmaz, but the Iplikci understood this without words.

On the way to the business center, Defne asked Omer to stop by the park. He obeyed unquestioningly and touched Sukru on the shoulder, ordering:

- Sukru stop at the parking lot at the entrance and wait for us.

They walked along the path and sat on an empty bench in the shade of a spreading plane tree.

- Did Shishmaz's death upset you? - Omer asked his wife.

He saw that she was again pensive and sad, and this worried him. But Defne shook her head and answered:

- Not. His death is payback for his entire worthless life. The inglorious end of a scoundrel and monster. But I'm worried about Serdar and Esra. I found my real father and he is a worthy person. But the shadow of Kadir Shishmaz will forever remain with them. And it makes me sad.

Omer smoothed a red curl that had come out of her hair and pressed his hand to his wife's cheek. She looked up at him. He smiled softly at her and spoke:

"But we cannot change that. Only Serdar and Esra can cope with their emotions. And it seems to me that they will make it easy. Serdar became a real man, has a family and a business. He is already confident in himself and knows that neither the genes nor the reputation of Kadir Shishmaz is capable of influencing either his life or his attitude towards himself. And Esra is smart. A girl who knows what is most important in life. She never knew her father and he had no influence on her. Yes, and his genes bypassed her. Therefore, leave your worries. You have a lot of reasons to enjoy life and just be happy.

Defne looked at him and a radiant smile blossomed on her face. She put her hand on the back of her husband's head and pulled him to her. After kissing Omer with a long and gentle kiss, she pressed her forehead to his and whispered:

- You're right. I have many reasons to be happy. And the main one is you. I love you very much, Omer. It's good that you exist.

He closed her mouth with a kiss.

An old woman passing by saw the couple kissing on the bench, pursed her lips, and shook her head reproachfully. And then she sighed sadly and smiled. Let them kiss. Young ones. If her time returned, she would also send the shyness and fear of human condemnation to hell. She would love with all her heart and greedily catch every moment of happiness. But her time is gone. You cannot return it, no matter how much you want it. And let the young love. Let them kiss. Let them look into each other's eyes and get drunk from these looks.