Chapter 45 - Kinship not by blood or cuckoo and Madonna

- Defne, - Omer looked over her shoulder. His voice clearly sounded displeased - what are you reading there so interesting that for two hours now there has been zero attention on me?

- I won't tell you, - she answered quite seriously and covered the page with her hand. Omer's eyes widened. Defne sighed and explained: - I will not tell you because you will laugh at me. You say that I am a narrow-minded person who believes in prejudice.

- What? Omer really laughed. "You intrigued me. Now I won't sleep until you tell me everything. "He glanced sideways at the book. - Don't tell me that you decided to invent the Philosopher's Stone and turn everything around into gold?

- Why do I need it? Defne frowned. - An absolutely stupid wish. I don't want gold.

- And what do you want? Omer also removed his joking tone.

- I want to create something that will help one person to change their thoughts. And maybe then her most cherished dream will come true. Just don't ask anything. If everything works out, then I will tell you all myself.

And again Omer froze. Looking inseparably at the sweet, serious face for the thousandth time asked himself: will he ever get used to this feature of Defne - the desire to make everyone around her happy. And he answered himself: no! Her big heart will always surprise and delight him. Taking the book from her hands, he closed it and put it in her backpack.

- So it will be, my soul, - promised. - You will succeed. Now talk to me. I missed your voice and smile.

- Ay! But the stewardess smiled so sweetly at you, - Defne teased him.

- True? He wondered. - I did not notice.

Defne laughed and shook her head.

- Ay-y-yay, Mr. Omer! The girl definitely thought you were an iceberg.

Omer leaned over to her and whispered in her ear:

- Or maybe a man who is madly in love with his wife?

Defne, smiling slyly, looked at him and asked again:

- Up to madness?

"Uh-huh," he shook his head like a boy. Looking sideways at the passengers sitting across the aisle and making sure that no one was paying attention to them, he kissed the laughing lips and suggested: - Shall we spread out the chairs and lie down? It will be more convenient for you.

"It's a good idea," Defne agreed. - But you know me - just find myself in a horizontal position, immediately fall asleep.

- That is great! It is still fourteen hours to fly to Paris. Get a good night's sleep. And I'll look enough of your pretty face.

Paris greeted travelers with invigorating frost and light snow. From the hot summer, the Iplikci family returned to the winter and remembered that their clothes did not at all correspond to the season and weather. They had to wait for the flight to Istanbul for more than two hours. After going through passport control, they rushed to one of the boutiques, which was located in the Orly airport building, and bought themselves suitable clothes. After changing clothes right in the fitting room, they went to wander around the souvenir shops. When there were forty minutes left before boarding, Omer went to re-register the tickets, and Defne decided to go to a large, panoramic window. She took a couple of steps and ran into her nose to nose ...

Slender, graceful, in an elegant mink coat and a Chanel No. 5 scent, arm in arm with an imposing man, Defne faced her old heartache which looked at her with caramel eyes.

- Defne? Is it really you? - Her mother smiled a serene, puppet smile and took a step, but Defne stopped her with a glance.

- Mum? She immediately scolded herself for this word. And for the pain in her heart. And for the trembling voice. The next line was thrown in with cold irony: "You look good. Didn't expect to see you here."