Chapter 4 Reach the Heart

Defne said:

- It hurts.

Omer rose up and, without releasing her hand, bent over her. Frightened, peering into her face, he asked:

- Darling, where does it hurt? What hurts? - she frowned and opened her eyes. - Allah! Did you come to your senses ?!

"Don't shout," her eyes closed again and a wrinkle appeared between her brows. - Fingers hurt ... Let go ... crush.

Not yet fully believing what had happened, Omer instantly let go of her hand and cupped her pale face in his hands. Looking at her face, ordered:

- Defne, look at me!

She opened her eyes. Her gaze, albeit blurred, was quite conscious. Omer was dizzy and his hands shook. Euphoria comes over him. He laughed and leaned over to kiss her, but Defne turned her face away and asked:

- Where I am?

"In the hospital," Omer touched her forehead with his hand. Cold and wet. - How do you feel?

Defne frowned and rubbed her lips.

- I want to drink.

"Now, my love," Omer pushed the doctor's call button. - Wait a minute. The doctor will examine you. As soon as he does, I'll give you some water.

- Why are you here?

She spoke slowly and detachedly. Looked wary. The vertical wrinkle between the eyebrows became deeper. Omer ran his thumb over it and looked into her eyes for a long time.

- Because you are here.

A doctor entered the ward. The sight of the patient waking up caused a wide smile on his face. He, pushing aside Omer and examining her, said:

- Mrs. Defne! I am happy to see your eyes. They are beautiful! Never hide them again.

Saying that the doctor threw the sheet and began to examine. He felt her stomach, arms, and legs, and then pulled out from his pocket a ballpoint-like gadget and pricked Defne in the big toe. She screamed and Omer rushed to her. Squeezing a small foot in his palm, he indignantly shouted at the doctor:

- What are you doing? It hurts her!

"And that's great," he answered, not at all embarrassed. - In this case, pain is our friend. It says that the nerve endings are alive.

Defne, who had been watching the manipulations of the doctor cautiously all this time, looked at Omer and asked:

"What is the doctor talking about?" And why am I in the hospital?

- You were on the waterfront. Fainted and fell into the water ...

Don't you remember anything at all?

In the brain, in bright flashes, incoherent images appeared. A black SUV drives into a street near the house ... A gray-haired man with faded blue eyes gives her paper ... Nihan's frightened face ... The fascinating depth that calls to her ... Iso cry ... That's just Omer did not fit into these pictures at all. He was not in any ... And again a bright image - a white veil on the red carpet. Serdar, hugging her shoulders ... And in this picture, Omer also wasn't ... Where is he? She closed her eyes and concentrated. The receptionist in the red cloak ... "Yes", - Omer ... Dance ... Luxurious hotel room ... Icy look and the door closed with a loud bang like a shot.

She remembered. Everything. To the smallest details. The memories poured into the brain that was awakened and hurt. Much stronger than a finger shot.
Defne opened her eyes. The doctor and Omer watched her with intense attention. The first smiled contentedly while the second grew gloomy with anxiety.
"Please, I want to drink," she asked hoarsely. – Can I?
"You can," the doctor said.
Omer poured water from a bottle into a cup and helped Defne lift herself.