Chapter 58 - Treachery

As soon as Omer crossed the threshold of her office, Defne rushed to him and asked:

- Well? Have you talked? Did she listen to you? Believe it?

- Hush, my soul - he smiled and led her by the hand to the sofa. Sitting down on a soft, brown seat, he sat down next to her and hid her palms in his hands. Smiling softly, he asked: - Don't be so nervous. This is bad for the baby. Sinan and Seda are adults. If such a small thing can destroy their feelings, then they are not worth a penny.

- But she listened to you? - repeated her question to Defne

- She listened.

"I don't know this," Omer replied thoughtfully. - It's impossible to regain trust in a couple of minutes. Remember how much you tortured yourself and me with doubts. And how much effort I had to make for you to believe my feelings again.

"We had a different story," Defne lowered her eyes and furrowed her brows. - I don't want anyone to repeat it and suffer the way we do. Especially our friends. I want them to be happy.

Omer hugged her and soothingly stroked her back.

- I want the same. We did everything in our power. Now they must take a step towards each other.

"You're right, my love. She pressed her cheek to his shoulder and closed her eyes. - How good! I will charge myself with energy.

"And I from you," said Omer and also closed his eyes.

It was a moment of bliss, but it was not destined to last for long. Defne's phone rang and reminded both of them that the working day had begun and it was time to get down to business.

"See you," Omer whispered, kissing her forehead.

"See you," Defne promised.

***

- Hello.

Seda, who had been looking pensively out the window for the last fifteen minutes, turned to the voice. Sinan stood in the doorway. He didn't look well. His face was darkened, his eyes sunken. These two days were clearly not easy for him.

"Hi," she replied and gestured to the chair. - Come in, sit down.

He entered the office but was in no hurry to sit down. Putting his hands behind his back, he stopped in the middle of the room and asked:

- How are you?

"Okay," she said. - And you?

"I am not," he answered honestly. - I can't either eat or sleep. I think about you all the time. And you? What do you think about me? Even a little?

There was fear in his voice. Sedа felt sorry for him. And herself. If she cannot trust if she doesn't give him a second chance, wouldn't they lose the most important thing in life?

"I thought," she replied.

- And what did you decide?

Seda shook her head.

- Nothing.

Sinan hung his head.

- I understand.

Seda opened her mouth to answer, but a phone call interrupted her. She looked at the phone and hastily answered the call.

- Mama! - The girl tried very hard to speak calmly, but there was clearly fear in her voice. - What happened? Something with Nisa? - Seda listened to the answer and turned pale before his eyes. Sinan's heart sank into his heels. - Do not cry! Take a taxi and go to the hospital. I'm coming too. And don't you dare get yourself worked up! Do you hear me?!