Chapter Two

"I can't rewrite my past, I won't even if I could. I am stronger and a better person for the scar I now wear."    Unknown 

Arora POV

I am 29 years old, successful, and powerful. My heart has turned to ice, and some have even referred to me as a ruthless bitch.

When I first moved to New York a few years ago, I couldn't believe my good fortune. I went to model in order to make ends meet while attending college to get my MBA in business and a degree in nutrition science. And I ended up landing an acting role in a major motion picture, playing the lead in a murder mystery.

I used the money I made from the movie to buy a farm in Texas, where I started my poultry business. By not using hormones in my animals, I branded my company, and AV poultry quickly became a household name. I then started a winemaking business. My businesses expanded, and I continued to invest. I was able to establish my own company, AV international groups of companies limited, where I buy companies that are about to go bankrupt and restructure them, keeping some and selling others.

Right now, I'm considering forming a company called Johnson Company Limited. However, my competitor, AA International Companies Limited, is also attempting to acquire Johnson's. I wouldn't be fighting for Johnson's if AA hadn't been telling me I couldn't even get the company if I tried. For him, the decision is simple. I know he's trying everything he can to get me to back down, but I'm not going to. Aaron Anderson, the owner of AA, is said to be a haughty jerk, and from what I've heard, he's even more ruthless, powerful, and wealthy than me. He also acts as if he rules the world, according to them. Well, Aaron Anderson, you may rule the world from where you stand, but you haven't met someone like me yet. And I'm going to make you shut up about your arrogant attitude.

For crying out loud, I'd never met him before. I have no idea what he looked like. I'm considering Googling him, but the sound of his name irritates me.

My assistant entered my office and drew me out of my reverie. She reminded me of the Halloween party to which Dr. Sam Steven had invited me. Sam thought it would be a good idea for me to go out and have some fun for a change.

I've been going to Sam for counseling for a while now, not by choice, but because my best friend Amy suggested it. When I first moved to New York, I struggled to fit in. People would stare at me strangely because I was Indian and probably the most tanned person they had ever seen. In Guyana, I was always out in the sun without any protection. Guyana is a lovely South American country. Amy approached me after class one day, curious about my culture and India. She was surprised when I told her I wasn't from India and that I am not Hindu, but rather a Christian. She became intrigued, however, when she learned that I am from South America. She would accompany me whenever I went home to visit.

Amy was like a supportive sister to me as I started my business. I couldn't believe Amy (Sam's daughter) convinced me to see a psychologist about my man-hating attitude. I told her that I couldn't risk anyone finding out that the owner of AV is in therapy, but my obstinate best friend suggested that I go to her father and use my alias Ilsa, which I use on a daily basis. So I've been going to therapy for six months now. Dr. Steven was able to assist me in dealing with some skeletons from my past.

I'm dying the ends of my hair red in my bathroom. I went with red because I'm feeling like fire tonight. I take a bath, lying in the tub and listening to Luke Bryan, Brett Eldredge, and Dan+ Shaw. Following my bath. I put on my dress, a red Eric dress with off-the-shoulder appliques and long sleeves. I don the crown and mask and examine myself in the mirror. Wow, I really do resemble a princess.