Chapter Three

"Sometimes you have to piss people off and sit back and watch their true colors unfold."     Jason Statham

Aaron POV

I sat at my desk in my office, doing research on AV . Nothing about him is mentioned online, not even his name. There is no picture of him on the internet, unlike me, who has a new picture of me with a different girl every week. It's no secret that I'm a jerk. I've never dated the same girl twice. It's just sex once and that's it. I know I sound like a jerk, but these women all know what they're getting themselves into. They continue to try to see if they are the one who can persuade Aaron Anderson to settle down. However, marriage is not for me. Maybe it was once upon a time. You heard me correctly. I was once engaged and almost married, but on the day of my wedding, I caught my best man fucking my future wife. I've never opened up to a woman since. They exist solely to meet my requirements.

All they know about AV is that he started his company from the ground up a few years ago, just like me. Who the hell is AV, and why is he so desperate for Johnson's? Johnson is unlikely to make him a lot of money. All he's done is increased the price. I had my reasons for wanting Johnson.

My assistant enters my office and reminds me of the Halloween ball I promised Sam I'd attend. Sam is my father's friend, and after my parents died in a car accident when I was fifteen, Sam took on the role of a father figure to me. That was after my Grams had had enough of my misbehavior and sent me away to Sam for a few months to get me to behave. Apart from Sam and his annoying daughter Amy, my grandmother is the only family I have left in this life.

It's a different ball to get the media to portray me as a playboy once more. The only reason I agreed to go was because I heard AV was going to be there. It's the ideal opportunity to reveal AV. I close my laptop and head home to prepare for the ball.