Chapter Nineteen

"You don't meet people by accident. There's always a reason : a blessing or a lesson." Unknown

Arora POV

I was angry at myself for not confirming with Amy on Emily's story. If I had waited one more day, Aaron would have been on my front door begging for me. I wanted to take revenge on her. But I leave it up to God. When Amy told me how Aaron was after I left him, I felt more broken. I should tell him the truth. I was always too stubborn and my stubbornness wasted the past eight years of my life. Not only my life but Aaron, Alexander, and Ava.

Ava has been bugging me non-stop about uncle A. I wonder how she will feel when I tell her uncle A is actually her father. Ava and Alexander are seven years old and probably the most smartass seven years old you ever meet. It's time for me to tell them the truth. I yelled for Ava and Alexander and they came running from outside, all covered with mud.

Arora: Ava and Alexander, please sit! I have something to tell you.

Alexander: What is it? Can you be a quick mommy? Uncle David is waiting for us.

Ava: Are you okay mommy? You look sad.

Arora: I need to talk to you guys about your father. Remember I always tell you he's a good man.

Alexander: Yes, But daddy left us, mommy.

Ava: I don't care about daddy. I want uncle A to be my daddy.

Alexander: Me too.

Arora: You guys really like uncle A?

Alexander: Mommy didn't you see all these muscles on uncle A. All my friends will be scared of him.

Ava: Alex, I will beat up all the boys that mess with you. But mommy uncle A is handsome and he is sweet.

Arora: Can you two be quiet and listen for a moment?

Alexander: Yes mommy

Ava: Sure mommy.

Arora: When you guys were in my belly, your father and I had a fight. He was angry at me and I tried to tell him I was sorry but he wouldn't listen. He was behaving like a child. So I left and didn't tell him about you guys. I am so sorry sweethearts for not telling him.

Ava: It's okay mommy.

Alexander: Can we see daddy?

Arora: Yes but I have to talk to him first and tell him about you guys. So maybe tomorrow.

Alexander: Is he here in New York mommy?

Ava: Do you have a pic of him mommy?

Arora: Alexander, yes he lives here in New York. You met him already. It's uncle D.

Alexander: Mr. Muscles is my daddy?

Arora: Yes he is.

Ava: Really mommy?

Arora: Yes Ava. You're Ava Maria Valentine Anderson and your brother is Aaron Alexander Valentine Anderson.

Ava and Alexander took the news of their father rather good. They really wanted to see him. I really hope he's okay with kids. The hardest part is telling Aaron. He can be stubborn and even more ignorant. I asked Amy for his number and she told me he hadn't changed his number in case I called him. I was contemplating whether to call him or text him. I eventually texted him.

Arora: Hello, Is this Aaron Anderson?

I waited and waited but he didn't respond. I wanted to call him and curse him out for not responding. An hour has passed and he hasn't responded. So I picked up my phone to call him when it was deep in my hands. It was a message from him.