Chapter Five

"It's not love you're afraid of, it's the fear that everyone else is just like the last person that destroyed you." Unknown 

Arora POV

Sam introduced me to a few of his buddies. One of his friends (I forget his name) was asking me nutrition questions. Everyone is staring at me, and I hate being the center of attention, but that green arrow guy kept catching my eye. He and Amy appear to be very close; perhaps he is her boyfriend. I can't believe she didn't tell me about him; perhaps he's new to her. But I must say, they do look cute together.

I notice the green arrow approaching me as I am discussing my work at the clinic. Why would he abandon Amy? She is the most stunning lady in the room.

"Here, my lady, is your drink." Aaron stated. I smiled and thanked him as I took the glass from him.

"Please excuse me, gentlemen; I need to steal my lady away for a moment." With a smirk on his face, he told them.

"Thank you for sparing me from that conversation, but I believe you should return to Amy." I informed him. He looked at me, perplexed.

"Excuse me? Amy and I have been friends since we were children, and she is like a sister to me." In an angry tone, he mumbled.

"I'm sorry; I thought you two were together." I told him the truth. He burst out laughing.

"Do you want to dance?" With his hand starched out to me, he inquired.

"I'm not sure about that; I might trip in this dress." I told him the truth.

"If you fall, baby girl, I'll catch you." He responded, and his smirk smile reappeared. I'm not sure why I find that appealing. I should be looking for Aaron Anderson, who should be surrounded by a group of ladies. But I'm distracted by this attractive stranger.

He led me to the dance floor, and as we waited for the next song, it happened to be my favorite, "Prayed for you by Matt Stell." We started dancing to the song, it's so perfect.

"What do you do, Cinderella?" He inquired, his gaze fixed on mine.

"I'm a nutritionist; what about you?" I replied to him.

"And here I was thinking you were a lawyer or a doctor. I work as a manager for a company." He said this while smiling at me. "Do you enjoy any sports?" He inquired.

"That one surprised me, I wasn't expecting you to ask that question. I enjoy playing cricket." I informed him.

"Well, I have to make sure the woman I'm thinking about pursuing enjoys sports." He replied with arrogance.

"How did you come here by yourself, Mr. Arrow?" I inquired of him.

"You see, my lady, I've been looking for you, and since I haven't met you yet, I had to come by myself." He informed me.

"Does that line ever work?" I inquired.

At the same time, his phone rang, and he took it out. "Where is she?" was all I could hear. "I'll be right there," he adds.

"I apologize, my lady, but I had to leave." He then walked away.

Omg! Is he really abandoning me in the middle of the dance floor? Isn't the woman who abandons the man at the ball? Cinderella is the character who abandons the prince charming at the ball. Then I noticed he had dropped his phone. I took it up.