Chapter Eight

"I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible and when I leave, you will finally understand why storms are named after people."             Unknown

Aaron POV

Ace was on the phone when someone knocked at the door. And since I had specifically requested not to be disturbed, I was going to fire whoever it was. But then I realized it was Ace's office, and it was probably something important to him. Ace is a childhood friend of mine, and over the years, he was the only friend I had who had my back, aside from Sam and Amy, who are like family to me. Ace's real name is Aaron Queen, which is ironic given that my name is Aaron Anderson. He came up with the nickname Ace in school so that when people called for us, we would know which one it was.

When the voice on the other side of the door addressed me as Mr. Aaron, I became enraged because I had stated that I did not want to be disturbed. As if my day wasn't already bad enough. I had fled from the woman who had given me the butterflies at the ball the night before. She had been on my mind all morning. And now I have to deal with another woman.

The rest of my day had been officially taken over by a faceless pair of thighs and tits, and the worst part was that they could talk.

She had to choose those words out of all the fucking things she could have texted me along with those body shots. She had to send the one message that would undo me and ruin the rest of my afternoon, if not my week.

Your mother should be ashamed of you, because I would be if I were your mother.

Isla Morgan, you're a jerk. Fuck you to hell, because you're absolutely correct.

This woman had gotten under my skin in a way that no one had ever gotten under my skin before, and it made me even angrier.

She'd only said it once from the other side of the door, but it stuck with me. Names used to go in one ear and out the other. I literally have my assistant remind me of people's names.

Isla Morgan.

How did she get her hands on my phone? The receptionist stated that she was dressed in a white lab coat. Perhaps she is a doctor at the hospital where my grandmother was admitted.

Every time I read it, the text haunted me. Your mother should be ashamed of you, because I would be if I were your mother.

Every time I read the text, I became even more enraged, because I knew she was correct. My mother would have been embarrassed by how I treated people on a daily basis. Everyone handles tragedy differently, and I was dealing with a broken heart from the love of my life after my parents died. I'd chosen to isolate myself from others, devoting all of my energy to my career. I didn't want to feel anything, I didn't want to connect with anyone, and the simplest way to accomplish that was to scare people away. If being an asshole were a competition, I'd win every single time. The more successful I became, the more I realized it's easier.
In all these years, no one had ever spoken to me in my office like Isla Morgan had today. Not a single one. I'd almost forgotten about her bossy attitude from behind the door until Lilly, the receptionist, knocked on the door and handed me my phone.

And here I am, hours later in my penthouse, still on the couch, completely obsessed with Isla. I'm completely obsessed with her tits and thighs. Wanting to see her face is killing me.

Oh my God! Isla completely distracted me from my bet with Amy. So, what will I do? These two women did something to me that left me gasping for air.

I'm going to respond to Isla because I want her to feel how I'm feeling right now.

Aaron: Actually, my mother is no longer alive. But, yes, I'm sure she'd be ashamed of the person I've become.

My phone beeped an hour later. It was a text message from Isla.

Arora: I apologize.

Aaron: You ought to be.

I know I should've just let it go because I know she must be miserable, and that would've been the end of it. But no, my cook has his own mind. I was so fucking horny from staring at her tits, thighs, and ass all day that I needed to let it all out.

Aaron: So, Isla, what are you wearing right now?

Arora: You've got to be kidding me right now.

Aaron: Well, you were the one who ruined my day, sweetheart. So I figure you owe me something.

Arora: I don't owe you anything, you fucking perv.

Aaron: Oh my goodness! I'm astounded! This is from the lady who sent me a picture of her cleavage. By the way, nice big juicy tits.

Arora: You know you're the ass, right?

Aaron: Yes, sweetheart, I know, so now show me your face.

Arora: Why should I asshole?

Aaron: Sweetheart, I'd like to see if it fits your personality.

Arora: You'll never see my face.

Aaron: Well, it's probably for the best. So, please tell me what you're wearing.

Arora: Well, you fucking perv, if you must know, I am completely naked in my bathtub.

Aaron: Now I need to see a picture of how you currently look.

Arora: Well, the naked photo will never happen in this lifetime.

Aaron: You should never say never, sweetheart.

Arora: You realize you're insane, don't you?

Aaron: I'm a little crazy, yes, crazy for your body. Let me send mine first.

She didn't respond, so she must have been stunned or something. So I dropped it and went jerk off in the shower.

The next day, I was able to get Isla out of my head and get some work done. I was able to leave work at 1pm to see Amy. At the very least, if I remember Cinderella's name, I'll be able to find her again. It certainly sounds like a better solution than spending the entire day obsessing over a headless woman. Despite the fact that Isla is a firestorm that has swept through my life like a tornado. Cinderella, like my mother, was sweet and loving. And that night with her helped me forget about my problems.