That smile...

The room was fairly busy but it was a nice kind of busy, "I'm not gonna pinpoint your face but you must be Emily Taylor?" The lady spoke out from the front desk. Emily shot her head up and smiled, her pearly whites, her dimples and her soft gaze danced their way through the air. She giggled and walked over to her with a nod, the lady stood in front of her couldn't help but smirk back, "that smile...it really is contagious" she laughed. Emily tilted her head and continued smiling, "I'm sergeant trudy platt, Voight should be down here any second" she smiled. Emily nodded and just lingered around, her bubbly personality added a pleasant aroma to the stressful air.

A few minutes later a clunk of metal could be heard in the near distance, Emily looked over to the cage and saw an older man approaching her with a welcoming smile plastered across his face, "Emily Taylor?" He offered his hand out, she smiled widely and shook his hand, "that's me" she nodded. He smiled again, "hank Voight, I'm sure you've already met trudy so I'll take you up, meet the unit" he nodded. Emily smiled and nodded before following him, "you're already in the system, I'm sure there won't be any need for me to turn you down" he smiled and buzzed the pair up. Emily observed what he done to get into the bullpen and let out a small chuckle. As she followed her new boss up the stairs her heart began racing, she just wanted to make a good first impression.

The second she got into the bullpen all eyes were on her, she noticed that there was only one girl on the team and the rest were males, that didn't stop her from smiling at them all though. The moment her mouth turned upwards and her dimples appeared, she noticed most of the detectives in the room ease into their chairs a little, almost as if they had let go of any tension they were bearing on their shoulders. "This is detective Emily Taylor, she's the new member of intelligence so be nice, come on I'll brief you up" hank informed the unit then turned his attention back to Emily. She flashed them all another grateful smile then nodded to hank and followed him down the aisle into his office. The team followed her with their eyes in shock, a nice kind of shock, well, they think anyways...

"So you were in the navy?" Hank smiled as they both took a seat. Emily smiled back, "yeah, I was a jet pilot, aviation unit" she nodded. Hank raised his eyebrows in shock, "really? For how long?" He smiled thankfully, Emily nodded, "8 years" she smiled back. Hank tilted his head, "wow, then you were in homicide for 4 years?" He enquired. Emily nodded seriously but she still had her bright smile on her face, "yeah I took this career path when I got out of the navy" she informed politely. Hank smiled and chuckled a little, "well I'm sure you're gonna be a great fit for the team and with that smile I don't think you're gonna have a problem being accepted either" he nodded. Emily chuckled, "thank you Sargent, it means a lot" she nodded thankfully. Hank smiled, "there's no case yet so this'll be a good chance for you to warm up to the team" he waved her off. Emily nodded and left his office.

As Emily closed her new bosses office door, she was stood in perfect view in front of her new team. "Hi, I'm Emily" she smiled, Kim tilted her head and stood up first as she realised how daunting the boys could be, "I'm Kim" she walked over and shook her hand. Emily smiled which caused Kim to smile back, a tall muscular man stood up next, "I'm Kevin" he walked over and shook her hand. This went on until she had shook hands with the whole team, she had finally met them all. Kim, Adam, Antonio, Kevin, and lastly Jay. They all seemed to accept her but the brown haired detective, who she now knew as jay, hung back a bit and seemed a little weary of her, she didn't take any offence since she was the new girl after all.

"I'll show you around, c'mon" Kim smiled and walked her out of the bullpen. As she walked around the district tagging along behind Kim she took note of the little things like how plain the interrogation rooms were, how cold the locker room felt, how tightly packed the desks were, it all seemed really calming to her. "Just before I start working..." Emily stopped Kim before she lead her back into the bullpen. Kim turned her head around and nodded for her to carry on, "is there anything I should know? Anything I should avoid?" She tilted her head. Kim smiled and placed a hand on the top of her arm, "the only thing you need to know is that we're all a family here" she nodded. Emily smiled which made Kim chuckle, her reaction took Emily by surprise. "Sorry, it's just your smile, it's really contagious" Kim explained her actions.