What?

*five days later*

Emily looked up as jay nudged her leg under the desk, she turned her head to see that trudy was stood waving for her.  Trudy sighed, "you've got a visitor and I don't know if I should be running or calling the feds" the Sargent smiled weakly. Emily fire her brows in confusion, a visitor? She stood up and shot jay a confused glare. "A visitor?" She walked over to trendy as the pair descended the stairs again. Trudy nodded but from the sound of a third pair of feet plodding down the stairs behind them, it sounded like they had a tag along, Emily looked back to see jay following them a get steps behind. "Yeah, he asked for you" the Sargent nodded seriously. Emily was curious yet nervous, she never gets visitors asking for her.

                Jay hung around at the front desk as Emily looked around for this visitor of hers, "he's in there" trudy pointed to the nearest free office.  She smiled back before turning around.  He jaw dropped to the floor and her eyes widened, "Nathan?!" She squealed and ran up to the tall man who was stood in his navy uniform staring at her with a fond smile, she enveloped herself in his embrace.  Jay couldn't help himself and stared at the interaction intensely.  It wasn't like he and Emily are dating yet, they're taking it slow, the loving kisses and the lazy days are all that has entailed them so far, but seeing her hug another man made him jealous, especially another man whom he doesn't know.

              Trudy could sense the detectives jealousy as he screwed up a piece of paper rather harshly, "someone's jealous" she fiddled with her paperwork.  He shot his head in her direction, "what? I'm not jealous, I'm not" he shook his head.  She laughed at his awkward stance, "your knuckles are turning white, you're eyeing him down like there's no tomorrow and you have no reason to be down here. You two are a thing aren't you?" She shook her head in amusement.  He gasped slightly, "no, no we're not dating..." he started but she cut him off, "yet" trudy smirked.  He sighed but nodded with a small smile on his face.  Trudy dropped her smile, "well chuckles, if you happen to take her smile away, I'll take your life" she pointed a pen in his face with a hint of playfulness in her tone but yet he knew she was being serious, Trudy loves Emily, she always has.

                Emily gasped, "what're you doing here?" She pulled away.  Nathan laughed, "I'm away from deployment, figured it would be a good time to come see you" he smiled.  She smiled back, "I can't believe you're here, it feels like I haven't seen you in years" she gasped out of joy.  He shrugged, "two years to be exact" he nodded.   She sighed, "god, it's been that long?" She folded her arms.  He nodded sadly but soon smiled when she perked up, "come on, come meet my partner" she smiled.  Jay stood up straight as the man, who he now could see fully, walked towards him.  The brunette took the unknown blonde man in with his eyes and scanned him from head to toe, he was wearing his navy uniform with boots and a tag on his jacket which read 'Pickford', he assumed that was his last name and from the way Emily squealed his first name, he gathered that he was called 'Nathan pickford'. 

                "Jay this is Nathan. Nathan this is jay, my partner" Emily smiled.  Nathan shook jays hand with a warm smile, "nice to meet you" the blonde nodded.  Jay smiled back, "you too" he nodded although he had no clue as to who this man was. Emily could sense the confusion on her partners face, "Nathan was the chief communication specialist when I was in the navy, he was in my branch the whole time" she smiled. Jay nodded in realisation that this must be an old friend and let all of his jealousy fly away. "When did you get back?" She looked at Nathan again. Nathan sighed, "this morning" he tilted his head. She raised her eyebrows, "how'd you find me?" She laughed. He smiled at both Emily and jay, "saylor told me you got a job in intelligence, figured you were here" he shrugged. Saylor was another old friend she rarely sees but keeps in contact with from their time in the navy.

"Where are you staying?" She smiled again. He nodded, "I'm in a hotel for tonight, I'm heading back out to LA to see my sister tomorrow" he smiled back. She nodded, "Awh that's great, I'm glad you're doing well" she looked at jay who seemed interested too. Nathan flashed her a sincere smile, "hey look, we get off shift at 7 if you wanna go out for a drink and catch up before you fly back?" She opposed. Nathan nodded, "sure, that sounds good. Text me an address?" He raised an eyebrow. She smiled, "of course, we'll see you later then" she nodded and waved him out. Jay turned to face her, "was he an old friend or an old boyfriend?" He spoke quietly as they walked up the bullpen stairs again.

She laughed and slapped his arm, "just a friend you asshole, he was the person I relaid all my info to when doing the aircraft missions" she laughed. He smiled, "just checking" he nodded. She smirked, "Awh were you jealous?" She pouted falsely. He scoffed, "no" he spoke sheepishly. She laughed and rolled her eyes playfully before they returned to their desks. Even though she's still on desk duty, it's better than nothing and now that they have plans tonight, it might not be as bad.