Just in case

*one week later*

"You sure you're gonna be safe out there?" Jay smiled as he stood by his car looking into Emily's eyes. She laughed, "jay we'll be fine, it's only for a few days" she smiled. Jay nodded, "keep a hold of these, just in case anything happens" she handed him her spare keys to her apartment. Jay nodded and took them from her hands, "if you need me please call" he smiled. Emily smiled and nodded, "I will" she laughed a little. Jay smiled as Stella drove by them in her truck, "come on em!" She smiled and tapped the car door. "I'll see you soon" she waved jay off and secured her bag over her shoulder.

Jay smiled and waved the car full of girls off, the girls were all going to stellas cabin in the woods about 50 miles away for a few days. There was Kim, Emily, Brett, Mackey, Stella, and there was supposed to be Natalie too but Will claimed her first. As for the boys they were all going fishing and playing golf while the girls were gone, there was the boys from the intelligence unit, the main boys from firehouse 51 and sadly no one from med since they didn't fancy joining.

Jay got into his car and placed Emily's keys into his glovebox for safe keeping, they trusted each other a lot. He drove to the beach where Kelly had his boat docked up in the bay, he parked up and grabbed his phone before hopping out with his summer attire of shorts and a shirt on. "Finally man, have the girls set off already?" Adam looked at jay as he stepped onto the boat. It was a fairly big boat since Kelly liked fishing, "yeah they just left Emily's place" jay nodded and took a beer from Borden's hand. They left the bay and headed out into the open sea to catch their dinner to put on the BBQ later that evening.

"we're here ladies..." Stella cheered as they reached their final destination. They all laughed and got out, they got their bags out from Stellas trunk and started walking down the steep stairs to where the cabin was situated, it was beautiful, the heat was content and the sun was starting to set, there was a lake right by the cabin which was surrounded by gigantic trees. "There's three rooms upstairs and two rooms downstairs, take your pick" Stella laughed as she opened the door to reveal a stunning wooden cabin, "woah..." Emily laughed as she looked up to the high ceiling.

Adam grabbed out his phone and called Kim about 2 hours later, he just wanted to know if they had made it to the cabin safely.
Kim: "hey babe, everything okay?"
Adam: "all good, we're still fishing. Did you guys make it there alright?"
Kim: "yeah we did, wait one sec..."

Adam put Kim on speaker so the boys could hear that they were okay since they were all a bit worried, they kinda didn't trust them to be alone since they knew what they were like. They all stood around his phone listening in closely.
Kim: "em, Stel what are you doing? Youse are not going in there! Oh my god..."
Adam: "what's going on?"
Kim: "Emily and Stella are in the lake..."
Adam: "is that a bad thing? I mean they're only swimming..."
Kim: "well they're skinny dipping so..."
Adam: "okay okay, enough information. So you guys are alright?"
Kim: "yeah we're good, I'll call you later. Bye, love you"
Adam: "love you too"

The boys were all laughing, "typical" Kelly shook his head and looked up to jay who was smiling too, he never really thought Emily would do that but obviously she would and she is. They carried on catching salmon and cod so they could cook it when they got back to shore, the sunset was beautiful.

"Campfire?" Brett raised her eyebrows. The girls laughed as they sat around the pit on some wooden logs, Stella laughed, "duh, what? You aren't scared of fire are you?" She joked. Brett rolled her eyes, "haha, very funny. Well are we at least making s'mores?" She smiled. Mackey laughed, "hell yeah" she nodded. They all laughed and began creating a fire, usually they would be running away from one or for Stella, putting it out but not today. Once the fire was going the sky was getting dark since it was 8:30pm, they got out their Ingredients and made s'mores ready to cook.

The boys were sat eating their BBQ cooked food on the beach as the stars appeared, they also had a campfire too. There was Boden, hank, jay, Kevin, Adam, Antonio, Matt, Kelly and gallo, it was calming as they talked about typical boy things, cars, engineering, plumbing, motorbikes, golf, you name it.

A few hours later of laughter and joy, both groups headed off to bed in the summer heat 50 miles away from each other, little would they know how the next day would become a living nightmare...