i know...

*5 months later*

"Where you going? Come back..." jay tried to grab Emily's hand as she scrambled out of bed, she laughed as he pulled her back, "my dad wants me to call him..." she sounded defeated. Jay sat up in confusion, he knows the pair do not have a good relationship, "call him? Everything alright?" He frowned. She sighed, "I'm not sure, he texted me asking me to call him about 10 minutes ago, i guess I can't ignore him forever can I?" She smiled weakly. He shook his head sadly, she's not wrong, "tell me if you need anything" he mouthed as she started calling her dad. He watched as she left the room to go see what her dad wants.

Emily: "you wanted me to call?"
Mike: "yeah, how'd you feel about dinner tonight?"
Emily: "with who?"
Mike: "just me and you?"
Emily: "uh, what for?"
Mike: "can a father and daughter not spend time together?"
Emily: "yeah sorry, Uhm, sure?"
Mike: "great, I'll make a Sunday dinner or something. Does 6:30 sound okay?"
Emily: "I don't get off shift until 7"
Mike: "alright that's fine, just come when you're done and I'll have everything ready"
Emily: "sure..."
Mike: "okay, bye..."
Emily: "bye..."

                 She returned to the bedroom of her apartment which was now both of their apartment, "he wants to have dinner with me tonight..." she furrowed her brows and climbed back into bed.  Jay furrowed his brows, "yeah? Any occasion?" He nodded.  She shook her head, "nope, he said it was just so we can spend time together, I haven't seen the man in like 6 months, he wants something" she huffed.  Jay brushed her hair back, "maybe it's his way of saying sorry" he sighed.  She shrugged, "maybe, we'll soon find out" she nodded.

"Listen up guys, I did say we weren't taking on any new cases, but this one's different" hank sighed and strolled into the bullpen. He made eye contact with Emily before turning to the blackboard, "Mike Taylor, wanted for drug possession and debt" hank sighed and hung up a picture of Emily's dad...

Emily's heart dropped, "my dad..." she mumbled to herself. Everyone was confused but soon realised what was going on, their hearts instantly shattered at the thought of her dad going to jail.  Hank walked over to her, "look, this is gonna be difficult for you and I need to make sure you're gonna be able to focus during this case? Can you?" He whispered.  She looked at him blankly and nodded without saying a word, well then, today just got a lot worse...

"Alright, good, let's make a start" he smiled. She nodded and gulped down a wave of emotion before sitting on her desk instead of her chair, she made no eye contact with her team other than hank. "You had no idea that this was going on?" Hank folded his arms.  Emily shook her head, "no, not at all. I haven't seen him in months, I don't have a great relationship with him" she shook her head, she could feel jay moving so he could be by her side.  Hank nodded, "so he's mentioned nothing to you?" He looked over his file.  She shook her head, "no, he told me to call him this morning, said he wants to have dinner at home tonight after shift, I'm assuming he wants something, that's the first time I've spoken to him in a while" she shrugged. 

                  "Did he seem any different?" Hank nodded understandably.  She paused, "he was overly nice, that's not normal, but then again he's never really been normal" she huffed. Kevin nodded, "so you're going for dinner with him tonight?" He smiled sadly. Emily smiled back, "uhm yeah, I agreed..." she sighed.  Hank nodded, "alright, well the most obvious option would be for you to play your cards over a meal tonight, but I wanna see you in my office first" hank nodded then began walking towards his hibernation room. Jay squeezed her shoulder as she walked past him and towards their bosses office.

"I need you to tell me everything, you said you don't have a good relationship with your dad? I need to know what we're walking into" hank nodded sadly as she shut the door behind herself and took a seat on the couch.  She nodded, "he was abusive when I was younger, after my mom died, he got bad. Once I left for the navy I never spoke to him until I came back, we never really fixed things, I guess we just put the past behind us and let time do it's thing" she sighed.  Hank nodded sadly, "look, I'm not gonna pry into your past because it's not my place, but I need to know if I can rely on you, do you have an agenda that could jeopardise the case?" He smiled weakly. Emily thought about it, does she? Does she still hate him? Does she have an agenda?

"No sarge, I don't. If my dads guilty, then he has to face what's coming for him, I'm good for it" she nodded slowly. Hank smiled, "I'm sorry Emily, if there was a way we could make this disappear, I'd hop on it, but I can't" he stood up. Emily stood up too and smiled sadly, "I know..." she more or less whispered. He could see the tears forming in her eyes and wasted no time to reassure her, "it's gonna be okay" he gave her a quick hug, he has a soft spot for Emily, possibly because he knows al would've loved her, but it doesn't matter as to why, he just does. She accepted the hug and let out a deep sigh before joining the team again, "alright, so this is how we're gonna play it..." Hank began his master plan...