Chapter 3

-Peter's P.O.V- 

After explaining to my dad what happened he seemed a little angry, not at me, thank God, but at Oscorp. I was as well, but I knew that there was nothing that could change it now. 

Bruce and dad tried to find out anything about this spider bite thing, but they couldn't seem to work it out. I was starting to feel better by the next day as well so I was allowed out. Although apparently I had to say if anything happened. 

"Pete, you feeling better?" Uncle Bucky asks as I walk into the common room. 

I nod and send him a smile, "yeah, still feel a little odd but oh well." 

"I'm not all that surprised, we all got told that your DNA is now combined with a spider or something. I really don't know how that works, but it seems cool," he muses. 

Laughing a little I shake my head, "yeah, I guess you're right. I'm gonna go to bed for a bit though, those beds aren't very comfy. Can you ask Uncle Steve to make me some food in a few hours. I'm starving." 

Nodding he replies, "sure kiddo. I'll make sure he makes your favourite." 

Smiling brightly I thank him and head to my room, yawning as I do so. 

Getting to my door I push down on the handle and frown as the handle comes off in my hand. Huh, maybe it was loose or something, I think to myself. 

Putting down the handle on my bedside table I climb into bed, frowning as the covers stay stuck to my hand. 

"What the Hell," I mumble, using my other hand to pull off the covers. It doesn't work though as it just sticks to my other hand. 

"Ugh FRI, please get help," I whimper, not liking what's happening, this isn't normal. 

'Mr Barns is on his way,' FRIDAY replies. 

A few seconds pass before my door is pushed open and Uncle Bucky is stood there, frowning as he looks at me.

"What's up kid, what happened?" He asked.

Lifting my hands up I show my blanket now stuck to my hands, I shake them around but it doesn't budge. Bucky frowns and walks over and sits beside me. 

"Are you telling me it's stuck to your hands?" He mumbles, looking at my hands in shock. 

Nodding I reply, "yeah, and I swear I'm not messing either. All I want to do is sleep." 

"And what happened to your door handle?" 

Shrugging again I say, "I'm not sure. I just opened the door and the handle came off like it wasn't even screwed in." 

"Huh," he whispers before grabbing the blanket that's stuck to my hands. 

He begins to pull on the blanket, his metal arm flexing as he does so. No matter how hard he pulls it, it doesn't budge. 

"You didn't glue it to your hands, right?" He whispers as he pulls again. 

"No, I swear on dads life I didn't." 

He stays silent for a moment and I feel myself begin to panic slightly, not understanding what's happening. 

"Okay, Pete, listen to me. Calm down and imagine the blanket comes off and doesn't stick to you anymore. Will it to," he explains, looking me in the eyes. 

Nodding I shut my eyes and imagine my hands go back to normal, shockingly as I do this I can feel the blanket fall from my hands and land in a heap on my bed. 

Opening my eyes again I stare in shock at my hands then the blanket before I turn my gaze to my Uncle.

"What- what was that?" I stutter, trying to calm my racing heart. 

"I can't be too sure bud, but I think it might have something to do with that Spider DNA."

My eyes turn wide eyed as I look down at my hands again, to the blanket, and the door handle. "Woah, like- like powers?" 

He shrugs slightly before standing, "can't be to sure Pete. But don't worry about it right now okay, go to sleep, I'll talk to Tony and Bruce and when you wake up and have eaten I'm sure they'll want to see it too." 

Nodding I pull the blanket back over me and lay down, "thanks Uncle Bucky." 

"'Course kid, get some sleep," he whispers while ruffling my hair before walking out.

-

"Okay Pete, stick to the wall and we'll try pull you off," dad says, while his suit wraps round him. 

Frowning I nod and look down at my hands before placing them on the wall, willing myself to stick. Dad wraps his hands around my arms in a vice grip- thankfully not too much to hurt and says, "you ready?" 

"Yep," I nod, hoping it would work. 

Dad begins to pull and I know it didn't work as I feel myself being thrown backwards and into a wall. Shockingly though, I feel something in me warm me about what's about to happen and I was able to catch myself before I could hit the wall. 

"Um, whoa," dad says, making me frown. 

But when I look around I see I'm actually on the wall, my palms spread against the wall and my feet also against the wall. Looking down I see I'm at least 8 feet up and panic. 

My hands and feet slip and I feel myself fall but thankfully dad catches me before I can hit the ground. He places me on my feet and I lean against the wall for support. 

"Dad, what's happening to me. That's not- that's not possible," I whisper, while shaking my head in disbelief. 

"It's okay, we'll figure it out," he reassures me, although I think even he is trying to figure it out.

"How about you go over to the punching bag and see how hard you can punch, from what Bucky told me you're quiet strong now." 

Nodding I walk over to the punching bag that Uncle Steve and Bucky use to measure their strength as they're super soldiers. 

Dad nods, signalling me to punch it and I punch it as hard as I can. I watch in amazement as it flies backwards, coming close to coming off the chain specifically designed to handle hard punches- like super soldier punches. 

Standing back I see dad look at it in shock before turning to me, "try the weights now." 

Nodding I lay down and see there is 1 ton to lift, I frown, wondering if I'll be able to lift it but I try and I'm able to lift it easily. 

This goes on, adding a ton each time until I hit 10 tons and I decide to stop. Although I think I could probably press more I don't want to push it. 

"Definitely super strength," dad comments, a spark of amazement in his eyes. 

Nodding I say, "yeah, it feels so crazy." 

"I'll talk to Steve, Bucky and Nat about training you. You'll need to learn to control your strength and so on," dad explains while we walk out of the gym. 

"Yeah, I don't really want to fake punch Ned and instead I break his arm or something," I chuckle, "I'm gonna go shower."

Dad waves goodbye to me and I walk into my bathroom and look in the mirror. I pull my shirt of and nearly fall over in the shock that meets my eyes. Don't get me wrong, I used to be fit- a 6 pack coming along, but not much. But now- now I have muscles and a prominent 6 pack. 

"The spider bite gave me abs," I mumble in astonishment to myself.