Chapter 17

-Peter's P.O.V- 

As we arrived back home from the cinema and eating, I decided to go out on patrol. I shockingly had a lot of energy, I suppose it's from all the adrenaline earlier and the fact we spent the afternoon relaxing. 

"Mum, dad, I'm gonna go patrolling," I  announce once we walk through the door. 

They both look a little hesitant, but when I show my puppy eyes they sigh and let me go, "be safe," mum calls out, similar words coming from my dad, as well as letting him know if I see those dealers again. 

I nod, before leaving and going to my room to once again change into my suit. 

"You ready for this K?" I ask like always while pushing open the window.

'Always Peter,' she replies. 

-

'Peter, it seems the dealers are back,' Karen announced as soon as I landed back on the roof. 

It was nearing 12AM, and I had been patrolling now for close to three hours. I sighed, knowing I should have expected to come across them once again tonight. 

"Thanks Karen," I reply as the map appears and the red dot pops up once again.

This time they weren't in the same spot, or even close to where they were last time. They seemed to be close to a lake, and on the outskirts of the busy streets. 

I began to swing towards them, questions rolling over in my mind. I was wondering why out of all the enemies I had to have as my first enemy, it would be them, couldn't it have been a little easier. I mean, I'm still trying to get the hang of all of this and it kind of scares me trying to fight them all. 

Before I could dwell over it anymore I was watching as the twelve men were all stood around, each having guns in their hands and looked on high alert. I crept forward slowly, trying to stamp down the fear as there was nowhere for me to really hide. 

'Would you like me to call Mr Stark?' Karen asks, normally I would say, no, wait. But my senses were ringing loudly and I knew I might need dads help. 

"Please," I whisper, so quietly that even I had trouble hearing it even with my senses. 

I could see Karen dialing dads number, but my senses were growing, and before I could work out what it was, white hot, searing pain of fire ripped through my veins and made me collapse uselessly to the floor. 

My vision blurred in and out, but I could tell something had happened to Karen, as now I couldn't see dad being called, or anything that could indicate that she is still there. 

I could tell I had been tased by something ten time stronger than a taser, I remember getting tased by Aunt Nat in training and it definitely didn't feel this bad. 

"Well, well, well. What do we have here," a familiar voice drifts into my ears- the leader of this shitty group. 

A low groan falls from my lips as pain works its way through my body, paralyzing me with the pain. 

"Looks like we finally caught ourselves a spider boys," the leader shouts with amusement. 

Soon everyone is standing around me and I try desperately to take a hold of my body, to be able to fight back. But my muscles tremble and twitch as the electricity still dances under my skin, any movement sending another wave of it through my body. 

"What do you reckon we teach the little spider a lesson," the leader chimes, earning grunts and laughs from all around. 

Through my still blurred vision I see him bend down and look me in the face. Thankfully that hadn't taken my mask of, so I felt the smallest relief from that. 

"See Spider-boy, you've really been ruining our plans recently. The sellers you've been driving away have been working for HYDRA. That's right, HYDRA is rising again, and we want to help. So we started to sell them weapons, sadly they were destroyed not long ago by the stupid Avengers, so we're giving them more. But then you came along and ruined it, so for that, you're going to pay," the leader growls before standing and kicking me harshly in the gut. 

"Boss, why did you tell him?" One of the men asks, and I ask myself the same thing, although a bad feeling has settled within me and I fear I already know the answer. 

A cold laugh emits from his lips and I can feel his eyes settle on me with cold determination. 

"Well isn't it obvious. We're going to kill him." 

-

The pain was everywhere. 

I had been electrocuted at least three more times, I had been kicked and punched all over. I could feel burns littering my body from that same gun used on me a few days ago. To add to it they had used a normal gun on me and shot me in the stomach, shoulder and once again in my stomach. 

I could feel the blood slowly falling from my prone form and staining the earth beneath me, but my strength had completely vanished as they continued to rain hits down upon me. 

Suddenly it all stopped and I tried not to cry out in relief. My vision was blurred with darkness and I could feel unconsciousness trying to pull me away. I could faintly hear voices, but it was so, so far away. 

Suddenly a very familiar voice reaches my ears. 

'Contacting Mr Stark, hold on Peter.'

I know that voice- I know- Karen. 

Rough hands were suddenly pulling me upwards and dragging me somewhere off to the side. 

"Pete, bud, you okay?" I hear dad's voice come from my mask. 

My energy feels almost non-existent but I fight to get the one word out. 

"Help," I mumble, before suddenly my whole body feels cold, darkness is surrounding me and I'm falling through water. 

-