Chapter 12

-Peter's P.O.V- 

I was currently laying in bed watching star wars, today I decided to do nothing and just lay about for the day. Normally I would be working in the lab or training, or, now, being Spiderman.

My plan was soon broken though when someone knocked on my door, making me look up and shout a 'come in,' to them.

I had paused the film when I heard the knock and I looked up when the door opened. 

Uncle Steve came in and smiled at me. 

"Hey Pete, how're you?" He asks as he comes and sits at the edge of my bed.

"I'm good thanks, you?" I reply while pulling myself into a sitting position. 

"I'm well, I was wondering if you wanted to come out with me, I know you haven't been out since your identity came out, and I thought you might want to go out for a while," he suggests. 

Smiling I nod quickly, "definitely, I have wanted to go out, I just didn't know who to ask." 

He ruffles my hair and stands up from where he was sat on my bed, "come out whenever you're ready to go." 

I nod once again and watch as he walks out, as soon as the door closes I spring up from bed and grab some jeans and a science pun t-shirt. I knew the likelihood of me being seen today, and photos being taken of me are quite high, but I don't mind all that much. Just as long as it doesn't give me a sensory overload, I'm still trying to get used to all these powers. 

After fixing my hair I walk out of my room and down to the common room where I see Uncle Steve waiting. He smiles when he sees me and stands from where he was sat on the sofa.

"Ready to go?" He asks, while grabbing his keys. 

I hum and walk beside him as we walk to the elevator, "where are we actually going?" I question as the elevator begins to descend. 

"I was thinking we could go the that sandwich shop you like and get some food, then just walk around for a little," he replies. 

I buzz in excitement about going to Delmars, I love those sandwiches.

"Thanks Uncle Steve," I reply, my voice laced with honesty and gratitude. 

-

"Can I have number five, and squashed real flat?" I ask Mr Delmar, a smile on my face as I do so, dang I love it here. 

"Of course, and what about you?" He asks, turning to Uncle Steve. 

While Steve replies I feel my senses begin to buzz dully in my head, making me look around with precise eyes to see if I can see something wrong. But all I can see is people milling about on the sidewalk, bags in hands and phones to ears. 

I hone in my hearing and try to hear for something that could be suspicious but I hear nothing bad either. Shaking my head I turn my attention to the now nearly done sandwich. 

"You alright Pete?" Steve asks, catching my attention. 

Hesitating I nod, "yeah- yeah I think so." 

He doesn't look to believe me much but nonetheless he nods before handing Mr Delmar the money as he gives us the food. 

"Thanks Mr Delmar," I voice, while already opening the bag to the delightful sandwich. 

I heard him laugh a little as he says, "enjoy Peter." 

-

Half an hour had passed from eating the food and we were currently walking through a rather busy park. I could hear people whispering about me and taking photos, but Uncle Steve kept me distracted and made sure to stand in front of the people taking photos, for which I was grateful for. 

My senses had begun to pick up more the more time we spent walking through the park and I kept scanning the park, on high alert. 

"Pete, is something wrong?" Steve asks as we stop at a bench. 

Sighing, I know I'll have to tell him, "my senses keep buzzing, like something- like something is wrong," I admit. 

His eyes narrow and I watch as his eyes dart around the park before he stands up, "come on, let's go home." 

I don't question him and instead follow him closely as he begins to walk to the car. 

A familiar sound rings through the park and around me as I drop to the floor on instinct, hearing the woosh of air pass above my head as bullets fly past. Thankfully, Steve had thought the same as me and wasn't shot. The bullets embed themselves into trees in front of us and thankfully hit no one else. 

After a moment of peace, Uncle Steve jumps up while rushing towards me and pulling me away. Turning around as we run I see men all coming towards us, weapons in hand. I see them raise their guns and was about to say something when I'm pushed into our car and Steve is driving away. 

Thankfully the car is bulletproof, and the spray of bullets that would have hit us, hit the car. 

I sigh in relief as we drive away, and silently berate myself for not doing something else, I was Spiderman after all. But then again, I didn't have my mask on, and to the rest of the world I'm just a fifteen year old boy.

"Peter, are you okay?" I distantly hear Steve say. 

I snap out of my thoughts and look up while nodding, "yeah, yeah. I'm- I'm good." 

"Good, when we get back we'll talk to Tony, we need to work out who they were," he replies with a tight expression and anger in his eyes. All I can do is nod in agreement as my senses begin to stop buzzing and my mind races with possibilities. 

-

Dad sighs as he looks at the video he had found of the men, "it's a gang that was highly integrated with the person who put the bounty on your head. I should've known it was them. I'm so sorry kid."

Shaking my head I say, "it's okay dad, really. Just, who- who are they?" 

"Back when Stark Industries was a weapons company, we sold to pretty dodgy people, obviously I wasn't directly in charge of who it was sold to, that was for other people to do. But when I heard of this 'gang,' I guess you would call them, that had my weapons when I was iron man I went and destroyed them all. Before I left, they had tried to kill me and said how I would regret it one day. They called themselves the vipers, but by the looks of it, they've grown. A lot."

Sighing I look down slightly in shock, this won't end well for me. 

-