#2 The Case Study

"Not trynna be indie, not trynna be cool.
Just trynna be in this, Tell me are you too?
Can you feel where the wind is,
Can you feel it too?
All over the windows, inside this room.."

"Dusk Till Dawn" // Zayn Malik

ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

"So she is a lawyer."

"Yeh sir, she has been practicing as a legal advisor in Canada for six years now."

"That means she has been brought up there."

"Looks like that only, Sir."

"That's why I don't remember seeing her even for once in Rajkot."

Abir smirks. No matter how painful the story of Vishambhar Maheshwari is, Abir's innate hatred suppresses his empathy at times. Especially when Vishambhar requested Abir to help him in getting his daughter back, looking at the selfishness of that man, Abir was astonished. That ruined man is still smart enough to use the weapon that created all the conflict in his favour. He was well aware that this move could go wrong yet he took the chance and eventually succeeded. The cleverness and unpredictability of this stroke is truly commendable.

So the background check is necessary.

"Sir, there's an update on Miss Mishti Agarwal. She arrived in Rajkot two days back and she must be searching for jobs."

"Mishti Agarwal? Isn't her father Vishambhar Maheshwari?"

"I wondered the same. Probably her ex-husband was an Agarwal."

"Who cares."

Lie. He does care.

To his own disappointment, he cares a little too much.

From the moment he promised Vishambhar to bring his daughter back to him, Abir has cared for that girl. He won't admit that yet but the sound of Mishti pulls a long-lost string inside him and he won't mind playing along for a while.

But whatever he has learnt about Mishti till now, there's nothing that appeals to him much. How can a person like Mishti be so usual? His understanding has given him two options – first, he is not accurately aware of what happened to the Maheshwaris in Canada and second, Mishti Agarwal is visibly indifferent to her family.

Why?

"Kunal."

"Yes sir?"

"Send Miss Mishti Agarwal an offer letter from our company."

"But she's a lawyer and we already have a legal team. I doubt if we have any posts for her, Sir."

"Then create a post. This is my order, Miss Mishti should receive her first offer letter from Rajvansh Wellness only and make sure she accepts it."

"Ok sir."

"Go, I want her in this office anyhow."

Kunal nods and leaves the room. As far as Kunal remembers there was a talk of Mishti and Abir's marriage years ago which ended in a rivalry. So he can't find any logic behind Abir's desperation to get Mishti in the company. Moreover, there's no point in assuming things the other way as everyone believes Abir Rajvansh is still not over his ex-girlfriend. So how does Mishti fit into the story? This might be an attempt to take revenge on the Maheshwaris, Kunal concluds, but right now he has to do the tough job of creating a post specifically for Mishti Agarwal, someone who might be the reason for destruction or for a reunion of two families.

And given their history, Abir's attitude towards this whole scenario and whatever information they have about Mishti, there's little chance that the latter can happen!