#12 Center of the Circle

A/N : If you find the plot confusing at any point, it's alright. The story is unfolding and hopefully confusions will be cleared.

Thank you :-)

**********

"We'll play all the same old games,
And we wait for the end to change,
Yeah that's what crazy is
When it's broken, you say there's nothing to fix,
And we pray that everything will be okay,
While we're making all the same mistakes."

— "Same Mistakes" // One Direction

ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

"You've half an hour, say what you've to say fast." Mishti demands.

"C'mon babe, why this rush? We've got the whole night to spend here." Nishant says in his usual creepy tone.

But then, did Mishti ever care?

"Now cut the crap and get to the point."

"Oh oh, okay baby doll." Nishant says mockingly, raising his hands in the air. "For starters I really don't have any idea about the particular deal you're talking about. And you know how it is babes, my beloved father hardly allows me inside the Great Hall of his fucking castle."

"Meaning you don't attend his business meetings?"

"Precisely, my lady."

"Then why on earth you said you'll help me, Nishant? What the fuck are you playing at?"

"Calm down sweetheart, calm down. There's more to this. How do you think I'm surviving amidst all these? Of course I've got some brains, haven't I?"

Mishti doesn't say anything.

"Okay, see Mishti, I might not help you invade his kingdom, and honestly even if I could, I have no reason to help you. And I believe that's not even your intention here. But what I realize is I'm the only one except my stupid mom who have access to my father's bedroom locker. So here I am."

Mishti looks at him with bewilderment. Of course Nishant is right, Mr. Singhaniya's locker - the key to all his secrets!

"Bother me to explain your intentions here, Nishant. Why, out of everyone, YOU decided to help me? I see --"

"Zip it, Mish, you know I'm not a bad guy anyways."

"Oh yes, surely."

"Not a joke though. I mean, you see, Mish, it was never like you and me weren't friends. In fact, we used to be best mates during college. All these marriage crap and business stuff disgusted things. And you too have to agree on this, we were never enemies."

Mishti simply hums.

"Marrying you was a bad idea, I mean that was never my idea though. But it happened and things went wrong. Not like I call myself guilty of everything because you were wrong too. Uh well, to be brutally honest, it was all our parents' bullshit and we both were like scapegoats. And trust me on this, I didn't know our marriage was a business deal at first."

"But when you came to know about it, you couldn't exactly handle it better."

"Yes, and unfortunately that's the only thing I'll ever be sorry for. I was so angry, I was against the idea of marrying you anyways, I mean c'mon, we were best mates not lovers. Especially you, Mishti, how could you even agree even though you knew I was in love with... Uh, shut it."

"I understand that now and I am sorry Nishant. I guess, we both were too stupid to let others decide for our lives."

" Right. We both were equally at fault. And marriage and stuff were beyond my agenda yet when I gave in, it turns out my wife is just a showpiece for fame and money. And cherry on the top, I was not even remotely interested in you or any other girl for that matter. Do you have any idea how suffocating it was for me? Now thinking about it, I feel like I wasn't even breathing freely."