#20 Never Let It Go

A/N : Hello to the beautiful people! I'm just really excited to share this chapter with y'all. Hehe, please do comment at the end :D Happy reading!

*********

"I know I'm always in my head
But some things, they must be said.
Two wrongs make no right
When it's left, at least we tried.
I'll be back tonight
I'll let you decide,
To leave my life outside
All my life outside,
Or let me in..."

Outside // Zayn Malik

ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

Mishti doesn't express much. She never does. It's not in her character to feel too deep and explain it. Or maybe it is but she never worked that way.

Mishti looks at the busy street outside. It's been a regular thing now - sitting by the window with a cup of coffee in the evening till Abir returns home. "Home" - the word itself gives her chills. It's been so long she has experienced the feeling of a home and suddenly she feels like she has it all. It feels unbelievably domestic - to wake up, go to work, come back home, be a couch potato, wait for Abir, then chill together, have dinner and sleep - something Mishti never expected to have in her life. Weird enough, this lifestyle fits her life like a piece of puzzle she's been missing since forever.

It's crazy how years ago she almost hated the idea of Abir and Mishti to the core and today he has become the best friend she can trust more than herself. Who could have thought Abir would end up being the one to bring her back to life! That the one she used to run away from will be the one she stays up till midnight with - talking about anything and everything, laughing, smiling, sharing deep secrets and their most embarrassing stories.

Mishti has learned quite a lot about Abir too. Like how he despises waking up early and but can stay up all night doing nothing, how he gets all cranky and moody in the morning, how he'd get all emotional after watching some sappy romantic movies, how he scrunches his nose when he's irritated but won't say a word, how plays the same ten songs on repeat everyday while cooking, how he smells of mint and orange after taking a bath, how his lips curl up every time he looks at her and how she feels the urge to those plump rosy lips of him and this time softly, passionately, tasting every bit of his mouth...

.... Wait! What is she even thinking?

Mishti makes a mental note to not to look at Abir's lips next time.

Well she has learnt other things too. After his mother left them, Abir bought this apartment and after Mehul Rajvansh's death he moved out and made this apartment his temporary abode - but it came as no surprise when Abir found himself not wanting to go back to his parent's house and making a little home of his own here. He didn't allow anyone except Kunal to visit this place. Only once he brought Ketki, his cousin here and now Mishti has the privilege to literally live here.

Home - it is.

"Ouh, what the fuck?"

Mishti turns to find a serious-faced Abir splashing water at her.

"Well, hello to you too, Mishti. I'm glad you're awake."

"What? When did you come? I didn't --"

"Well, when you were grinning to yourself thinking about ten excuses to not make dinner tonight."

"That's not true, I was thinking about you." Mishti says as her gaze turns to Abir's lips.

Stop right here Mishti, you're not supposed to think.