#21 The Happy Place

When you sit by my side
And choose me every time,
To tell your tale,
To share your pain,
When I see your smile
And I know I'm the reason,
I know I've found it all
What people long for all along.

— K :)

ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

"Abir Rajvansh, you are late."

Says a frowning Mishti. Her arms folded, eyebrows furrowed and eyes about to shoot daggers.

Abir gasps and quietly takes out the box of Ferrero Rocher, hoping Mishti will forget her anger. For such a cute, cuddly and beautiful lady like Mishti, she can look too intimidating if she wishes too. Abir makes a mental note to never be late again to pick her up in his life. It's scary. He just hopes the chocolates work, or else God knows what's going to happen.

"So you think you can get out of this by feeding me chocolates?" Mishti sternly looks at him. "Well, I'm really sorry, Mishti." Abir speaks, "I just totally forgot-- I mean it just went out of my mind and I- uh, I'm sorry Mish. Please." You're finished, Abir.

"Don't Mish me now. You're too honest. At least make an excuse. But you really said that you forgot." Mishti fakes a laugh, "Too cool, aren't you?"

Of course I am. But he can't say that now. "Well Mishti, I know I'm a little late. A little more than a little. But I'm really sorry. It's bad that I missed meeting your friends. But honestly I don't really regret it. So please let it go?" He says trying to make the best puppy face he can. Mishti shrugs. She knows she can't stay mad at him anyways and him trying to be cute is something she can't resist.

"Okay, let me make it up to you. Ready?" Abir grins, knowing that Mishti finally gave up.

"Abir?" Mishti starts but gets cut off by him. "Just come with me." Abir holds her hand and runs to his car. Opening the door for Mishti he excitedly runs to his driving seat. Mishti watches him in amusement, all these little things that apparently means nothing makes every sense of the world. And when it's only the two of them, together, every little minute becomes lively. That's something she adores about Abir - just by being himself he makes life beautiful.

"When I think about it, it feels crazy - somewhere four years ago you were hating on just the name of Abir Rajvansh. You didn't even know him and I know, situations were different. Who knew in the end you were gonna lose your heart to the same man. Life's funny, isn't it." Nishant said, making Mishti blush.

"Wow! Now you're even blushing at his name. This should be the greatest progress of the year." Nishant teased.

"Yeah but no one could have imagined that you, Nishant Singhaniya, out of all people would become best friends with Abir four years down the line." Mishti snapped this time.

Nishant smirked, "To be honest Mish, the first I heard about him I knew this man would be something. Okay, I didn't plan all this to happen but deep inside I knew Abir was not just a short paragraph in the book of your life. I mean, Rajshree Aunty was too interested and Vishmabhar uncle hated him too much. Looking back, things were bound to happen. Honestly you literally ruined his life without even meeting him with his "ex-girlfriend" thing. So you two were meant to cross paths. Thank Heaven, he's a good guy."

Mishti didn't say anything but pondered over Nishant's words. Where's the lie though?

"Okay that's enough for now. I gotta hang up, Nish. Abir will be here anytime soon."

"Wow Mish, you've got a date tonight. My ex-best friend has grown up so fast!" Nishant said in a dramatic tone, making Mishti curse the moment when she became friends with him.