#8 Point of No Return

"I can feel your heart inside of mine
I feel it, I feel it
I've been goin' out of my mind
I feel it, I feel it
Know that I'm just wastin' time,
And I hope that you don't run from me."

— "If I Could Fly" // One Direction

ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

Abir has been changing sides on the bed for hours now. From the moment Kunal narrated what happened in the meeting, well, sleep is the last thing on his agenda now. In fact, the only thought running inside his head is, without any doubt, Mishti.

And now Abir has learned to adjust with this. That girl has been capturing his thoughts from the day they first met and he can't get rid of it no matter where he goes; be it Rajkot or Delhi - it's always Mishti - Abir's newfound "infatuation", surely a bit more than this! Now it's like there's not a way out from here.

But right now he is unable to simply dial her number to talk to her.

Just keep imagining and try running away from her. What are you even doing Abir?

Abir's conscience is screaming. He knows this is not the way yet yet something deep inside him doesn't give up. So much confusion! So many fears! He knowingly left her alone there to face Nishant, although she's brave enough to handle things, didn't he promise to make sure she's safe? What got into his head to leave just like that? Because he couldn't bear the news of his ex-girlfriend getting married and leading a happy life?

That was so desperate of you, Abir. Such a hopeless act!
She drives you crazy, doesn't she?
You are too attracted, that's scary!
This is messy but it's like a point of no return now.
Then you've made your choice Abir. Good luck.

Suddenly the beep on his phone brings Abir back from his thoughts; seeing the name flashing on his mobile screen he smiles. She's always there at the moment - Mishti - she knows it all.

"I see you found no good reason to call or even drop me a text, Mr. Rajvansh, so I thought of calling you myself."

Mishti sounds a little angry. Abir closes his eyes imagining how she would look with a frown on her cute face.

"Are you there, Mr. Rajvansh?"

"Oh yeah, yes Mishti. So why did you call me?"

"To brief you about the three meetings you left to me before your sudden vacation, of course."

Abir clears his throat. Does he really expect her to say something else? Like, really?

Shut up you stupid brain, she's still in the call. She might hear your thoughts!!!!

Abir Rajvansh, you are so done!!!!

Oh God, shut up!! Just shut up you dreamy talkative brain!!!

What the hell!

"Hello! Are you alright Abir? Why are you making  these.. Uh... weird sounds? Did you hurt yourself?"

Yes I did, right inside my heart. I'm planning to rip my heart apart again, for you, Mishti!
Do you hear me Mishti? I'm making a fool out of myself.
Only for you.

"Abir..? Are you still on the phone?"

Yes.. Thinking of you only!

"SPEAK SOMETHING GODDAMMIT!"

Abir jumps out of his bed. What is he even doing?

"Hello-- Hi Mish- Mishti-- Yes yes, I'm here-- actually a bit busy-- Was sleeping-- Talk to you later-- Bye--"