#14 Delayed Words

A/N : The plot is escalating quickly and I've tried my best to pen down things clearly. Things take a different turn from here so if you've any questions or opinions please let me know, because even I'm yet to learn many things and I'd like to clear your confusions regarding the story. Thanks again for your support and hopefully I won't disappoint you.

All the love x,  K

************

"Choose your words
'Cause there's no antidote
For this curse,
What's it waiting for?
Must this hurt you, just before you go?
Oh, tell me something I don't already know."

— "Ever Since New York" // Harry Styles

ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

"Suicide note? Are you fucking serious Nishant? A bloody suicide note?"

Abir shouts. He can feel his head spinning. Nishant is back from his Canada visit and what he has brought back with him is a disaster.

"Yes, Abir. That's what I'm screaming. A bloody suicide note. Yeah. Oh wait, not exactly that."

"So what does it mean? The note cops found years back was a manipulated one?"

"Isn't it so obvious? That had to be a false note. Why else would I find this piece of paper kept so secretly in my father's locker?"

Abir doesn't know what to say. And the hardest part is to read it. He knows it's Mishti's right to read it first but he can't give it to her just like that, especially after understanding to what length Mishti can go for someone she dearly admires. As unfortunate as it is, Mishti was the one who made Kuhu walk out of his life just because her father was upset and this is about her mother - the dead mother for whom she has left everything behind.

Abir sighs, what a dramatic situation it is! Neither he can hate her nor can he love. Only thing he knows is to help her, without letting her know.

"Are you fucking kidding me Abir? You're not planning to keep this hidden from Mish, are you?"

Abir doesn't say anything.

"Oh My God." Nishant holds his head with both his hands. "You better not be serious Abir Rajvansh, she's gonna kill you if she finds out. You've no idea --"

"I've every freaking idea Nishant. I know what she can do. I very well know that, you don't need to keep reminding me what she can do." Abir shouts. He really doesn't want to get reminded of Mishti's deeds every second. As much as it boils his blood it hurts like hell.

The unfortunate point is he can't see her in pain.

"I won't hide this from her. How can I? But I'm gonna make sure she isn't doing anything stupid. I have to make sure."

Nishant nods in agreement. Especially after the other day when Mishti nearly got herself behind the bars for drinking and driving after meeting Vishambhar, Nishant understands Abir's concern. But what is Abir up to?

"Wait, are you planning to go to see her Abir?"

"You know her as much as I know Nishant. We just need to distract her for some time. If she stays sensible for like only two hours then you can trust her to not do anything undesirable."

"Okay, but --"

"Two hours. I just have to make sure she's not planning anything wrong, this might get much overwhelming for her. I need to make sure she doesn't go after Yash Singhaniya with a gun."