#13 Behind the Curtains

A/N : Happy Pride Month 🏳️‍🌈❤️

************

"I don't wanna be alone,
When it ends, don't wanna let you know.
But I can feel it take a hold,
I can feel you take control,
Of who I am and all I've ever known;
Loving you is the antidote!"

"Golden" // Harry Styles

ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

"We are humans; the only thing that differentiates us from the animals is our reasoning. We use our logic and make decisions. So we keep playing with our lives until destiny knocks us down. Then why do we dream? Why do we hope for a new day? Because we humans do possess a heart too, though we tend to forget how to care for it but I believe this heart is what keeps us going through this hell. Or else we'd be just fighting each other. As they say, survival of the fittest and we already see the consequences. I just want to say that no matter what, don't forget to listen to your heart. It might sound silly, the heart is often the fool, but trust me when I say this, in the long run you won't regret.

So here we go again. Last year was a roller-coaster, the highs were too high and lows were too low. Yet we made it through and here we are, standing strong. I'd like to thank everyone who's got my back throughout my life. It's a privilege to accept this award today after surviving through a time when I was questioning my existence. But thanks to everyone who gave me a solid reason to live, cheers to the life we had and to the life we'll be having."

The crowd cheer, clap and congratulate the "Businessman of the Year" as he completes his speech and accepts the award. After a brief meet and greet with a few invitees Abir finally leaves the venue and drives to the nearest bar. He needs this relaxation after a day full of stardom or else fame might get over his head!

"Whoa! Isn't that the Businessman of the Year here? Long time no see, Mr. Rajvansh? Where have you been?" The voice of a lady comes from behind.

"Ah, just a bit of chilling. I'm sorry I can't recall you ma'am?" Abir says, turning his head to get a proper look at the owner of the voice.

"Oh you better don't remember me. Meeting you never ends on a good note, anyways. Especially tonight, I'm not in a mood to be wrecked all night and find myself alone in bed when the sun rises. No hard feelings though. Have a good time, sweetheart." The lady laughs, frankly a bitter laugh, and leaves.

Abir gets it. She must be one of those he had hooked up with sometimes. Well, honestly every time he is in this bar, he's bound to meet someone with that sort of history. Good part is neither he remembers the names nor does those people try coming back to him.

One night stands, precisely.

Abir laughs as he sips in the wine. The Casanova they say, well not wrong though. It's been so long since he has entered any bar, especially after Mishti happened to him. Oh Mishti - what a hell of a ride she had given him - came out of nowhere and suddenly disappeared like it was all a dream. Abir lets out a sigh. Drinking and reminiscing about Mishti Agarwal - the night looks promising.

"Hey bud, what's you doing here?"

Well, Abir takes the assumption back, the night is more than promising.

"Nishant, wasn't expecting you here. What brings you --"

"Hey, that's something I'm gonna ask. Don't you steal my question."

Abir sighs. All he needs is a bit of solitude right now and here comes Nishant Singhaniya. Well blame Abir only for choosing a crowded bar to find peace.

"So tell me, what brings you here right after receiving a big fat award?"

Nishant makes himself comfortable on the sofa Abir is sitting on. So he is here to stay.