#9 Love that Upholds

Wounds heal with time but scars remain;
When love comes along, bridges the gap.
Losing control, fly to the stars,
Nothing to hold back, when it falls apart.
Connection of pain is the deepest of all, they say,
And you love who you love, there ain't no other way.
Ah! What a shame, there's no lie.
Running after shadows, now scared of the light.

— K :)

ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

How do you describe the feeling when you slowly start letting your guard down in front of someone you feel like believing with your whole heart? Maybe you're yet to know what that person feels but the hope that they will try to know you - just a ray of hope makes you keep going. Every time you go out you look forward to coming back home, as if you will give up on everything only if they ask you to. And what do you even expect in return? Just a bit of care. You just want them to look at you and assure you that they are listening. Maybe you're defenseless in front of them, but it feels secure, it feels worth the risk - just for their eyes, you want to show your heart.

You know you've got scars, they keep paining although no one can see. But for that one special person you try to rise above that pain, you want to assure them again and again that you're here, waiting for them, no matter how much time it takes, no matter where it ends, you're here - waiting. You want to tell them that you can wait forever, even when it seems just a waste of time you dare to wear your heart on your sleeves; only they've the power to tear it apart but without them aren't you already missing half of you?

Maybe all these make no sense to them, but you hope they'll listen someday. You're ready to cross every boundary for them, maybe you're simply going out of your mind. But this madness feels right. You just want to remind them that you're here when they feel lost. The darkness inside you might scare you but you want to become the light only for them. Even your pain feels nothing when you look at them smiling - maybe for their eyes only, you're ready to show it all. Even if it ends up in your damage, you walk towards it.

You only want them to stay by your side - always and forever - because you're half a heart without them.

If they choose to never consider you, then also it's okay. You've already given in, there's no going back. You're just wasting time but it is what it is. You are in love and love never demands.

Abir will never demand.

Right after returning from Delhi Mishti surprised him. Along with Kunal, she was there in the airport - waiting for him. It's been nearly two month but the image of a smiling Mishti waiting for him at the airport holding a bouquet of his favorite sunflowers will never get blurry, nor does how his heart was pounding inside his chest! The bright sunflowers on a cloudy day probably meant a new shade of brightness in his life and it was beautiful. Mishti looks cheerful now, not only she seems to have come out of her shell, she is now in fact the favourite of almost everyone in his office. She has made friends with even his clients - from the old ones to the young teenagers. Even Kunal has got along with her very well, Mishti even took part in a few business events, accompanied Abir in site visits and most importantly her past troubled her a little less. Obviously some scars can never be healed fully but you can definitely work towards treating them so that you feel a little relieved. Mishti willingly does that.

What else can Abir ask for?

Not to brag about it but Abir's office has always been a cheerful one. No one can ever complain of a dull and gloomy environment here. His life never lacked colours. But eventually he has realized Mishti's arrival has brightened up the room a bit more, his colours are brighter now. It is peaceful to finally find a reason for this heart to beat. Looking back he can't believe there was a time when he felt anger at the mention of Maheshwaris. But then, it was always the battle between Rajvanshs and Maheshwaris; far away from Abir and Mishti. The girl his heart has chosen is Mishti - a brave, kind and lovely soul, no revenge can ruin her, no bitterness can pollute her; she is beyond this dirty world.