Part 4- My People

Zahara's POV.

"I hate her" I said to Ahmed who was with me at the convenience store near our school.

"Why would you say that Zahara? What's going on again?" he asked me.

I turned to him and looked at him.

"Why? Are you also mesmerized by her?" I asked pissed off.

"Zahara, chill" he said placing his hand on my shoulders.

"I'm just trying to help you" he said.

"Don't" I said before turning around.

"Tell me, what bothers you?" he asked.

I sighed. " I just...I know we're just using her but-...why do I feel like something else is going on?" I asked him unsure.

I can see what's going on. And I can even feel what will happen eventually.

Aslan is acting weird. I don't know why. He never dated anyone before. He never had interest in anyone. I always knew I was the one for him.

But now, I see him slowly changing and all of that because of a girl who's nowhere near his preference.

"What are you thinking?" Ahmed asked me.

"Can't he just study and eat by himself instead of bothering her?" I asked him.

"Are you serious? He's too busy with the mafia and also if we replace her by someone else we'll be accused of bullying again...that girl is keeping her mouth shut and that's all we need for now" he said.

"Whatever" I retorted before walking out.

I have to keep an eye on her and him. I can't ever let them be together for too long.

What is mine will always be mine no matter what. After all, I'm also the daughter of a mafia leader.

***

Ayla's POV.

I was on my way to my locker when I saw Miran leaning against it. What is he even here?

I made it there and stood in front of him.

"Oh finally you're here ! Did you have a great lunch?" he cheered.

"Uh..." why does he care?

"Are you nervous? Don't be, I'm just here to ask you a few things" he said.

"What is it?" I straight up asked him.

"Come on, let's go somewhere more calm" he said walking away as I followed him.

I know I shouldn't be following him but I won't lie I'm curious about what he wants to ask me.

We made it outside of school and we sat down on a bench. I made sure to keep a safe distance between him and me. He turned to me and looked at me.

"So, tell me what does your friend like?" he asked me.

"What?" I asked confused.

Why does he want to know about Adalina? Oh my Allah, is he into her?!

"I mean what does she like to eat, do..anything about her really?" he asked.

"why do you want to know about her?" I asked him.

"Oh my bad..that was so sudden, I can't say why but believe me it's not for me" he reassured.

"Why should I-" my phone suddenly rang.

I picked up and it was my mom. She called to say that I need to skip my last class and come home for something.

"Okay I'll be there" I said hanging up.