Part 46- A New Chapter

Aslan's POV.

After the storm, it's always silence.

I don't want to blame myself because she wouldn't want me to. I don't want to think that this is all my fault, she wouldn't want that.

It's...finally over.

When I look back, I see the first time that I saw this girl. The first time my heart was beating differently, for this girl.

The way she took over every part of me. My heart, my head, my body, my soul...everything,

The way she was becoming my cure. The way she could ease my pain and calm my soul. The way she brought me close to such a peaceful religion.

The way she believed in me, no matter how hard it was for her. The way she kept holding onto my hand despite what the world had to say.

In what felt like an instant, she became my world, my life and every breath of mine.

They say love happens to the lucky ones. I don't believe that. Love has always been there. The moment we get in this world, we start yearning for our other half.

I always felt incomplete, like there was a part missing in me. I never thought she would be my missing piece.

My wife, my love, my heart, my life, meri jaan.

Adalina.

***

I had regained conscious the next day. I felt better as I opened my eyes the sun coming through the windows of my room.

Am I home? How did I get here?

I sat properly as I recollected everything that happened yesterday. We almost...died.

Instantly getting flashbacks I didn't enjoy much, I placed my hand on my stomach in relief and worry.

A sudden wave of overwhelming feeling came to me, as tears left my eyes. All the pressure, fear, worries and pain. It's all over now...right?

"Hey..." Aslan came in the room as he sat in front of me on the bed grabbing my face making me look at him.

"Were you...crying?" he asked concerned as I kept shut only staring at him realizing how blessed I was to still have him in front of me.

He was ready to give up on his life for me.

"Don't be sad because it makes me sad." he said before hugging me as I held him tightly.

We kept holding each other for a while before I pushed him away.

"You scared me to death" I said.

"You scared me too. Do you know how my heart stopped for a while when I saw that guy holding you?" he asked me.

"What was I supposed to do if you were to be gone huh? Live without you? Find another partner? You didn't think twice before making that statement." I said sounding upset.

"Remember when you brought the subject a long time ago? You made me promise you I'd be happy if you ever leave. You mentioned it so easily, was it easy when it was on the verge of happening? We're both soulmates. If one is gone, the other will be left looking for the other. Same goes for if one is hurt, the other will sacrifice and protect." what he said made pure sense. I was melting.

However, me being a pregnant woman was having anger issues at this time.

"Whatever. You still scared me. I'm not forgiving you for that." I said.

He was staring deep into my soul now.

"What are you looking at? Go-"

I wasn't able to finish when he pressed his lips on mine.