Part 41- Guilt

Adalina's POV.

I don't know if this is a side effect of being pregnant or if I am in my actual right mind to be extremely mad and upset for the past week.

No text, no phone call absolutely nothing from Aslan. I don't know where he is and I am dead worried. I understand that he could be busy with work but that busy? And not to forget that he promised he would warn me beforehand. 

I just don't understand. I want it to surprise my family and him but he never showed up and silly me forgot that ammi jaan is an actual spy. She found out about it before I could tell her and exploded in cries of joy. I saw my brother crying for the first time which made me cry as well.

So, I never got to surprise them however I'm still happy that they are happy for me. I've been showered with endless blessings and love.

I get overwhelmed even more easily now. I can't stop touching my belly. I just can't believe I have a little baby bean growing inside of me. I cannot wait to see Ayla's reaction.

I had to make up a lame excuse and leave my parent's place before they start doubting about Aslan. I didn't want to worry them. I left two days ago and I've been home alone.

Where are you Aslan? I need you. I want to see you. I need to see you right now.

How could you leave like that again?

Lost in my thoughts, it hit me. I can contact Zahara. She's the only person who's number I have. She's close to him so maybe she could let me know. Why didn't I think about it before?

I grabbed my phone and dialled her number waiting for her to pick up.

Please, please pick up. You're my last hope.

Seconds later, she finally picked up as I spoke immediately.

"Hello? Zahara?" I said.

"Yes, Adalina..?" It's her.

"Yes! Thank god! I really was hoping for you to pick up the phone...anyway do you know where Aslan is? He hasn't been home for a week and I'm really worried" I told her.

"Adalina...I..." she sounded worried. As if she was stopping herself from telling me something.

"I'll come and pick you up in half an hour, be ready then" she added before hanging up right away.

But...what is going on? How can I not worry?

I'm sorry baby, mommy is stressing too much. I'll try to calm myself down.

I got ready quickly. For some reason, I was tempted to put a dress on. I will have my big belly back just like I did in high school and I know I'll feel a bit insecure. So, until then I want to wear dresses to feel good about myself.

I wore a flowery maxi dress. It fit me perfectly and I looked really good. I wanted to wear heels with it however I don't want to risk falling so I went for the sneakers.

I grabbed my purse and phone before making my way out. As soon as I stepped out, I saw Zahara's car. I walked up to her car before getting inside.

She kind of looked tired. Which is rare, every time I've seen her she always looked healthy and in good shape.

"Hey, you wanted to see me?" I said.

"Hey...how have you been?" she asked.

"I'm fine...I'll be better once I know where Aslan is..." I honestly said.

"I'm bringing you to him today." she said as a smile appeared on my face.

"Really?...why couldn't he call me though?" I asked.