Part 19- Suspicious

Adalina's POV.

As graduation came to an end, it was time for me to pack up my stuff and get ready to leave.

The past month, I found another company to hire me as an intern and alhamdullilah everything went perfectly well.

I'm glad about everything. Everything went as I planned.

And he didn't show up. I hate myself for immediately having setting my hopes up that he would appear in my life out of nowhere like it said on the note.

But like three years ago, I was very right. He never was the one for me. We are not for each other. I rather hold my friends while they're having a hard time and smile through the pain.

While he rather hold a gun and hurt other people for no reason. He doesn't care about other people's feelings. I'm sure he doesn't even know what actually loving someone is.

I loved him like no other. All the boundaries that I had set went down after meeting this guy. He made me hate him so much and then desperately fall for him.

But despite all the hate and love I have for him, I am not able to forget him. His face flashes in my mind every two seconds.

Why can't I just forget him completely?

Why is it so hard to move on from people?

Why are the memories only meant to stay and never to go forever?

I sighed as I was placing my clothes in my suitcase.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in" I knew it was Azaan.

"The flight is set for 9pm tonight" he said.

"Really? Wasn't it tomorrow morning?" I asked confused.

"All the flights were booked tomorrow morning and ammi and Abbu can only make it to get us tomorrow morning so it's better if we take the last flight don't you think?" he explained.

"Oh..you're right, I'm almost done packing" I said.

"It's almost noon and you're still packing?" He said laughing.

"Yeah because unlike you, I didn't just throw three things in my suitcase and closed it like that" I said.

I'm simply spitting facts.

"Okay okay my bad" he said.

"You know I'm always right anyways" I said glaring at him.

"Wooooow" he said exaggerating.

"Alright don't forget your passport, I'm going to get lunch" he said before leaving my room.

Gosh, I'll miss him. Although he annoys me most of the time. I was able to stay with him for three years and it felt great.

To be able to spend time with my big brother. To see him everyday. To annoy each other. The only people missing to complete everything was ammi and Abbu.

Regardless of that, I still enjoyed staying with him for this long.

***

The next day, Azaan and I landed in UK early morning.

I was really tired from the jet lag but also because I wasn't able to sleep very well even if I was comfortable.

Him and I were searching for ammi and Abbu for a while and saw them from afar waving at us smiling brightly.

We waved back as I ran into my mother's arms first. Azaan joined and hugged my dad first.

"Ah! Meri bachi!! (My child!) Look at you all grown up!" she exclaimed almost tearing up.