14

Status: Unedited

Published: April 24, 2021

"Oi, Y/n! Chrome's back! And he used the method you told me!" Senku woke her up with a booming voice in her head, making the poor girl jolt up and get into a fighting position with bed hair and drool dripping down her chin. She blinked three times to adjust to the sunlight illuminating her room.

She rubbed her eyes and glared at the wall, thinking it's Senku. "What the hell, Senku..." Y/n groggily said as Senku chuckled lightly. "You're right, I did teach him well. We saved the Steam Gorilla so we could use it in battle. Now we just have to cover it up with a lot of fucking paper to strengthen its outside when Tsukasa comes for us." Y/n yawned and walked to the bathroom, facing the mirror in the sink as she took off her ponytail and brushed her waist length hair. "Did you practice your lines?" Senku put his pinky in his ear as he took a look at the blueprints of the tank, he smirked. "I don't need to! I'll just do what you told me I'll do!" Y/n turned pale. "You never learn, do you?" Senku laughed like a maniac which caused the whole village to look at him scarily.

Y/n has finished brushing her hair. 'That's a pain in the ass. Should I cut it? Nah, I'll cut it after I reunite with Senku.' She held her now brushed hair and put it in a low ponytail.
Senku and the villagers were now making paper for the tank's armor Kaseki's all fired up, obviously. Y/n provided more information as Senku wrote them down on his desk. "And that's all for the anime, I'm still reading the manga right now, I'll update you as soon as I can, babe." Senku nodded as he wrote down the details. He smirked. "Thanks, N/n. And your birthday is in a few more days, I guess I just can't do anything but greet you a happy birthday instead."

Y/n smiled sadly at the tone of Senku's voice. He was sad. She sighed and looked back at her phone, still on chapter 90 of the manga. She heard a call from her parents from the living room. "Y/n! Time to pick up your guests for your birthday!" Y/n smiled and disconnected from Senku, but not before telling him why. The teen understood and disconnected with her, going far from the village with his primitive guitar.

...

Y/n's birthday soon came, her now being 18. Senku was devastated that he can't celebrate her birthday with her or hug her or even make physical contact with her. Senku sighed at the thought of not being able to do anything lovely with her, though the thought of sexual intercourse never crossed his mind.

Not even once.

And that shows that he's clearly not ready. 5 days before Y/n's birthday and going back to their home town, her aunt, MacMac's older sister, came back from Oklahoma with her grandpa's brother's sons and their children along with their biological mom. The three were told to pick them up from the airport and bring them home with them to reunite.

Day 4, they all went back to Cagayan by their van, 11 hours of laughing and singing all the way back, and Y/n was sure that they'll spoil her and her siblings with gifts and stuff when they arrived. Senku was unknowingly sneaking time for himself, telling the villagers that he needs to find more important things for experimental stuff but what he's really doing, is making time to perfect the song he was planning to perfect with a guitar as Y/n's birthday gift for now. He knew she will love it. He just knows she will.

His finger tips were burning, but at least he knew how guitars work and practiced a male version of Lillian's song, 'One Small Step'. Senku was never the type to sing in a great voice, but he wanted to impress Y/n so he did voice exercises in private, careful to get out of Ukyo's hearing range. That also means, that he has to travel long distances only to do so. Y/n was special to him, even though they still haven't met each other yet, and he's willing to do anything to make her smile.