18

Status: Unedited

Published: May 20, 2021

"We're going to start the voyage tomorrow. I literally can't wait to see you, N/n." Senku smiled at the ship in front of him as Y/n kept reading the manga with a smile on her face.

She came across the part where Kohaku kissed Senku just to get away from Kirisame.

Her eye twitched. "Yeah... Me too..." She clenched her fist and gritted her teeth. "Hey, N/n..." Y/n didn't respond. She kept staring at the picture before moving to the next figure. It showed Senku making a disgusted/bored face which made Y/n smile. "Y/n? Hello?" Y/n cleared her throat and sighed. "Sorry, I was reading something." Senku nodded as he saw Ryusui in the corner of his eye, making the list of everyone who was coming with them on the voyage.

Ryusui walked to where Senku was and tapped his shoulder, his right hand holding a pen while the left one was holding the list. "Hey, Senku, could you recount everyone else who Y/n wanted to come? I have a fuzzy memory." Senku looked at the man before him and nodded. "I believe that all of the five wise generals with the power team, the two crack heads-" "Two crack heads?" Senku nodded. "Kinro and Ginro." Ryusui nodded I'm understanding and wrote the names down. "Who else?" Senku closed his eyes. "Francois, Minami, Kaseki, Yuzuriha, Suika and Ruri. That's all." Ryusui nodded and smiled at him.

"Thanks, Senku! I'll go list the other people who'll be accompanying us." Senku nodded. "Yeah, yeah, sure, whatever, go do that." Senku shooed him away as he went to the Science Lab. There, laying on his bed was the same guitar he used to court Y/n on her 18th birthday. He smiled fondly at the memory.

Y/n then turned her phone off and stretched. She sighed and looked at her left hand's fingers. She frowned. "My fucking calluses disappeared..." She muttered as she looked over to her guitar. She then took the nail cutter from her desk and started cutting her fingernails. Senku kept staring at the guitar before him, made of nylon strings. He sat down on the bed and took the guitar in his arms.

He began plucking the strings, unknowingly making a catchy beat. Y/n heard him, she recognized the song. "I've heard this multiple times when you're playing music from your phone. What was the song name again?" Y/n giggled, a blush dusting her cheeks. "It's 'Love Story' by Taylor Swift. It's... Actually one of my favorite songs." Y/n smiled. Senku smiled softly. "I've studied the notes for this song, do you mind singing the lyrics for me while I play?" Senku asked, waiting for her answer. Y/n, of course, agreed which made Senku's heart leap in joy. "But, wait! I'll play along with you." Senku chuckled as he heard shuffling.

Y/n took out her guitar from its bag and began tuning it up. Senku waited for a while, tuning up the G string until it snapped, making Senku's eye twitch. "Goddamnit..." Y/n heard Senku curse. She raised a brow. "What's wrong, Leeky?" Senku sighed and looked for the spare nylon strings he made for the guitar. "The 4th string snapped. It wasn't the first time, though, which really annoys me." Senku grumbled as Y/n smiled.

"Yeah it's really a pain. What string do you use anyway?" Y/n asked Senku as he kept looking for the strings. "Nylon. Metal strings work best, though, but I don't know how to make even thinner coper strings for the deep sounding one with the other two that follow." Y/n finished tuning and strummed all the strings altogether. She smiled in satisfaction as Senku found the spare strings. "Fucking finally..." He whispered as he went back to the bed and took off every string since they were all worn out.

Y/n was surprised that he knew how every string sounded like when he didn't even know how to play guitar back in the modern world. "There... Now, do you wanna have a duet?" Senku asked as Y/n giggled in response. "Absolutely. I must tell you though, I haven't been singing for a long time with someone watching me. So don't expect that my voice will be as smooth as you think it is." "I bet it sounds like a broken record." Senku teased as Y/n pouted. "You're such a meanie..." Senku just chuckled and sucked his teeth. "You're such a child..." Senku bit back.

Y/n rolled her eyes. "Oh, shut up and let's just play already." Senku sighed, a smile present on his face. "Ready?" Senku asked as Y/n drew a breath. "Ready." Senku started playing the main progression as Y/n strummed with the chords. They were both in sync as Y/n started singing.

"We were both you when I first saw you~ I close my eyes and the flashback starts, I'm standing there...

On a balcony in summer~

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns~ See you make your way through the crowd and say hello...

Little did I know~"

Senku was smiling the whole time, Y/n kept singing, a smile on her face also.

"That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles, and my daddy said: 'Stay away from Juliet!'

And I was crying on the staircase, begging you 'Please, don't go!'

And I said~"

Senku cleared his voice as he took over for her, interrupting Y/n to her surprise...

"Juliet, I love you, I'll be saving you, my love, just keep waiting, all there's left to have is fun~

I'll be the prince, you'll be the princess~

It's a Love Story, baby just say

Yes..."

Y/n stopped strumming as soon as she heard Senku's voice sing for her. Senku stopped as well as Y/n blinked. "Did you just..? Change the lyrics again?" Y/n asked as Senku nodded his head. "Yeah, I did." Senku replied as Y/n licked her lips. "That fast? Or did you make it up before you asked me to sing with you?" Y/n asked as Senku shook his head, laughing. "I made it up while playing. It's really easy to make up rhymes." Senku continued as Y/n scoffed.

"Example?" Senku smirked and deepens his voice a bit. "cHeWiNg gUm iS rEaLlY gRoSs, cHeWiNg gUm i hAtE tHe mOsT. sEe?! eAsY!" Y/n sputtered. "Who are you, Willy Wonka? That's just ridiculous! I'm Violet Beauregarde! i'M a gUm cHeWeR, mOsTlY, bUt wHeN i hEaRd aBoUt tHeSe tIcKeT tHiNgS, i lAiD oFf tHe gUm, sWiTcHeD tO cAnDy bArS." Y/n mimicked with Senku as they both wheezed. "Oh God, these references are killing me." Senku spoke as Y/n giggled.

They both sighed when they heard their names being called for lunch. "Well, see ya in a bit, Leeky, call me if you're free, ok?" Y/n called as Senku nodded. "Of course, N/n... I love you~"

"I love you, too, Leeky~"