03

I got through this week easier than I thought which I'm more than thankful for

I got through this week easier than I thought which I'm more than thankful for. But do you know the regression to the middle? It's a concept of statistics and it denotes the phenomenon that after an extremely unusual reading the following measurement is again closer to the average.

This week has been average so far which is to my liking but I've been in the middle for so long that I know the scale has to tip one way either on the bad or the good side. I thought it was the bad side when I got into my car on Friday after school.

The parking lot was filled with students excited over finally going into the weekend, drinking and partying all night. As if the weekends weren't bad enough for me with all the time I had to spare, what I didn't see coming was Christian Verona opening the door to the passanger side and sitting down in my car.

"So where do we go?" He asks a cocky grin on his face.

"We are going nowhere because you are going to get out of my car now." I say glaring at him but he ignores me while his fingers fumble at the radio station before he settles on a station playing november rain.

I'm surprised by his choice of song but don't say anything while I look at him waiting for him that he get's the fuck out of my car. When he doesn't and even has the audacity to put his shoes up on the dashboard I quickly lean over and smack them off it.

"Listen here Indiana Jones if you don't get out of my car this minute I'm going to punch you so hard in the balls you're not going to be able to make any babies anymore." I hiss making some sudden interest spark in his eyes. He leans forward in his seat his head tilting.

"I would like to know why you're so interested in my baby making?"

"I'm not." I state staring him dead in the eyes.

"I'm interested in you leaving my car now." I press again while he stares at my face.

"Sure will do if you tell me when I can come over." He suddenly sounds casual the intense look in his eyes long gone as he puts some distance between us relaxing in the seat. I look at him confused because I have no idea what he's talking about.

My eyes wander around the parking lot to see if anyone noticed him getting in my car especially not Zayne because I know I can't explain myself right now.

"Let me think..never." I say with a sarcastic smile on my face making his lips twitch.

"Listen there doll-"

"Don't call me doll." I interrupt him immediately as a cold shiver moves up my spine. This is just what I'm called when I'm with my clients and I don't want to hear from anyone in my other life and spicifically not from Christian Verona.

"Okay what do you prefer?" He asks now one brow raised.

"I'd prefer you not talking to me in any kind of way so get to the point Verona." I say rudely while my leg bounces up and down subconsciously.

"I think it was obvious that we had to meet up the day Mr. Jefferson put us on that project together." He says and his words surprise me so much that my cold demeanor drops for a second. I wouldn't have thought that he'd take this project seriously in any kind of way let alone think that he'd want to meet up to work on it.

"I-what?" I say completely caught off guard and I curse myself for reacting like this the second I see the smirk on his lips.

"You and I, working on project-" I slap his arm to stop him from treating me like a braindead person. I notice the small wince from me hitting him even though it wasn't that hard.

"Okay when do you wanna come over?" I ask him to distract him from his obvious pain. He sits up straight again a lazy look on his face while his eyes focus on his friends that are passing the parking lot in the moment.

"Tomorrow at five."  He says grabbing the handle of the car door but I stop him.

"But it's the weekend."

"And you have anything important to do that you can't spare me some of your oh so precious time?" He asks turning his head his hand still on the handle. The head of the tattooed snake pokes out of his long sleeve and I focus on the diamond shaped head for a secod. It is painted so detailed that it looks like it's in 3D, as if the head of it is moving with his hand.

"No..but I have plans at eight." I say while I focus back on his face.

"We wont be taking that long." He says before he gets out of my car and slams the door shut before I can even say anything against it.

I instantly turn the volume of the radio down while I watch him walk over to his friends his hands pushed into the pocket of his black denim jeans. He talks to them for a second before one of the dudes turn their eyes on me. Okay not exactly to me because the windows of my car are tainted in such a deep black that I can see them from the inside but they can't see me.

But it feels like the dude's eyes are boring right into mine and let me tell you I'm not scared a lot in life but this guy is giving me the creeps. Before he can stare any longer Christian says something to him and they leave the parking lot taking all the eyes of the students watching them curiously with them.

I let out a rattling breath and try to wrap my hand around the fact that Christian Verona is coming to my house tomorrow. God Sofía you are so stupid! Not just the fact that my dad is going to get a heart attack when he sees Christian I have to be at the club at eight as well. There is no way that I am going to dodge two bullets.

I let my head drop against the steering wheel making it honk and I sit up straight jumping at the sound. My cheeks heat up when I notice some of the students looking over to my car and I quickly turn on the engine speeding out of the lot before I can embarrass myself even more.