33

"Isn't the water cold yet?" Kai's voice breaks through the door and I know it's time for me to get out

I hoped I could stay in this bathtub forever my skin getting soothed by the warm water that enveloped my body in a comfortable hug.
But I know that I have to get out, the sooner I get out the sooner I can leave with or without Christian.

I really am trying to not let Marcello get into my head but I must admit after everything has happened Christian isn't standing in a good light right now.

"It is." I give Kai an answer before I get out of the tub and wrap myself up in a towel.
I try to ignore the mirror that's hanging above the sink because I know that deep horror will creep inside of me once I see my damaged skin.

Kai said he would get me and Christian out of here and believe me I have no idea how he's gonna do it but I hope he's doing it fast because I don't know if I can stand any longer on my own two feet.

I don't waste any time in getting dressed ignoring the bruises and cuts on my skin which are half cleaned up before I exit the bathroom looking at Kai who's sitting on the bed that's standing in the middle of the room.

"Good you're done. You have to listen to me carefully now Sofía." He gets up and walks towards me making me take a step back scared even though I think I can trust him.

I knew he was hesitating with Marcello's orders and something, call it my instinct is telling me that he is good.

"Okay." I say nodding my head slowly.

"He's been holding Christian here for weeks as long as you're here. He came by the night you were kidnapped to stop him and leave with you but he didn't get the chance. So he's really hurt but you can't let your feelings get to you okay?"

"Wait-you mean he's been holding Christian captive like me?" I ask slowly trying to understand what he's saying.

He came to leave. Leave with me?

"Of course did you believe him when he said Christian was the one doing this? He's in love with you Sofía the moment you talked to him he was a goner for you." He says his eyes shining in an intensive blue.

My mouth opens but nothing comes out and he smiles lightly.

"What did you think? That he was gonna leave you? He would do anything for you even if it means risking his own life." I shake my head lightly at his words because something swings in them that alarms me.

"Is he hurt? Did he do those things to him he did to me?" A lump forms in my throat while I try not to panic thinking about Christian getting hurt because of me.

I did enough damage I can't stand the thought of his family loosing him because of me.

"Worse but you need to focus. The day Christian's dad died his loyalty belonged to Marcello. I know Christian even if it wasn't for you he would've dropped out sooner or later. He's a good guy he doesn't deserve this that is why we need you two to get out of here."