30

"Nothing not even a clue about his embezzlement

"Nothing not even a clue about his embezzlement." Christian says frustrated as he closes another drawer of a dresser in the room.

"I have nothing as well." I say closing the drawer and let myself plop into the chair spinning on it while I think about it.

"That can't be it. He has to have bills or evidence, your dad's file or something like that. There has to be something and I'm not going to leave this office without it." I say determinately while Christian puts his hands on the chair stopping me from spinning.

It's still dark outside but we've probably spend over an hour here which means it should be two or three in the morning but my dad doesn't have one clock in this room.

Nothing electrocial just files and-

"A laptop!" I clamp my hand over my mouth because I said it so loud and share a look with Christian who raises a brow teasingly.

"Search for any hidden cabinets or bags we need his laptop I'm sure somethings got to be on it." I say and we make our way back over to the cabinets and desks searching through the files to get a grip on something electrical.

I've done my research at home and didn't find a laptop which means it has to be here somewhere.
I can't imagine going through all this trouble, breaking into a million dollar company's building just to get nothing out of it.

I sigh frustrated while I start to walk over to another cabinet already knowing nothing is going to be inside of it when Christian stops me.

"Wait." He says and holds his hand up making me stop in my tracks and turn around to him.

"What?" I ask him while his eyes fly over me alarmed.

"Take a step back." He says and I follow his instructions not having a clue of what is going on.

"Take one forward again."

"Christian-"

"Do it." He presses and I sigh and take a step forward again before he nods and rushes over to me.
His hand grips my waist gently as he pulls me to his side and we squat down.

My eyes widen when he puts his fingers on the Marmor tile that I thought would be sealed shut like every other but it seems like there is a small crack.

Christian puts his fingers under it and with just a little bit of pressure it pops open and reveals a wooden box shaped like a computer.

"Holy shit." I whisper and I look at Christian grinning lightly.

"You're a genius." I say and he grins.

"I know." He says and I nudge his shoulder with mine while I grab the box carefully and put it in front of us on the floor sitting down.

"For such a secret place to hide it it's not really safe. He could've at least put a locket on it." Christian says and I shoot him a look because it is in our favor that there is no locket.