11

I can't remember the last time I cried

I can't remember the last time I cried. I mean really cried. But now I remember why I hated it so much. Not just the puffy eyes and face, the red nose or the millions of tissues laying around. The fact that you cry and don't feel better afterwards is the most annoying thing ever. In the end the problems are still there and the crying did nothing.

Yet I'm still laying in my bed crying over nothing. It's not like I'm sad about what happened with Zayne, I don't even know if we're still together after what happened yesterday but that's not why I'm crying. It started with my math homework and then the tears just kept coming and wouldn't stop.

I must look funny clutching to my duvet like a five year old but no ones home anyways so no one will hear or see me right now. Or so I thought.

The next second a hard knock is heard against my door and I turn my head to see my dad entering. I quickly sit up and dry my cheeks of my tears even though he'd have to be stupid to not realize I'm crying.

"You're early from work." I say my voise hoarse while I look up at him. His gaze is worried and he's still in his grey suit.

"I needed some files and stopped by. What's wrong?" He asks me before he walks over and sits down on the edge of my bed.

"Nothing I'm just stressed with school. We have this math homework and I can't seem to figure it out." I sniffle and catch another round of tears with my sleeve.

"The Sofía I know wouldn't see that as a reason to cry?"

"I know but I think I've been so stressed with everything lately that I can't seem to hold it together." I chuckle humorlessly when he puts his hand on my cheek catching some tears.

"What is really bothering you honey?" He asks me and this is probably the first time my dad looks at me like he really sees me. Like he looked at me when mom was still around. I close my eyes and let him stroke my cheek while I calm a bit down.

"I miss her so much dad." I mumble softly while he sighs.

"I know I do too but sometimes life is unfair and hits you with challenges you think you can never overcome but I know you can. Stop having so much doubt and put some trust in yourself I know your mom would."

I nod slowly and the tears finally stop rolling over my cheeks but the hollow feeling in my heart stays. I try to imagine her face in front of my eyes but it got harder over time. I just can remember the feeling I had around her and if I wouldn't have pictures of her I'm sure her face would slip my mind. The more I try to remember it the harder it gets to put her features together into one perfect picture.

My dad's eyes fly to his clock on his wrist while he strokes my hair and I sigh because I know he has to leave again.

"I'm alright dad. I'm probably going to eat a bunch of chocolate and watch a movie with Drew Barrymore you can go." I pull a smile on my lips that seems to be convincing enough for him to lean forward and press a kiss on my temple before he stands up.