04

"This Venice guy is he-"

"His surname is Verona dad." I sigh and sit down on a barstool the metall of the filing giving my naked feet some cold, calming me down. The house is empty because on weekends dad gives the maids some off time and he's almost every weekend on a trip so it's more than awkward to be here with him in the kitchen.

If I didn't tell him about Christian stopping by to work on a project he'd probably be already on his plane leaving me alone but it seems like he's being extra annoying today.

"Yeah right Verona. You said he was in your English class?" And bio, art and spanish but who cares about that I guess.

I nod while I swing my feet staring at the clock that ticks closer and closer to five pm.

"Listen dad he's just a student. I know you need to catch your flight so don't wait up on him."

"I don't think it's a good idea to let him stay with you here alone. If you want to I can cancel the trip." He tells me and I shake my head smiling.

"You know how I am. I'm going to work on the project and afterwards kick him out. I don't even like him if anything happens I call Zayne."

"I would prefer it if you would tell Zayne beforehand." He says and I sigh while I hop off the barstool.

"I will. Now move your ass out of the house dad." I say while I push his back towards the front door.

"You're going to change before he arrives." He tells me while he lets me shove him to the door. I look down to see me dressed in some jogging shorts and a long band tee. I don't know what's not right with this fit but I nod my head anyways obviously lying but he doesn't catch on it.

We stop in front of the double doors and he shoots me a look. "I feel like you're kicking me out."

"Because I am." I say smiling cheekily. He sighs and walks over to me putting his hand on my shoulder while he kisses my forehead.

"If anything happens call Zayne, Emma even Sam alright?" he says while he opens the front door.

"Will do.  Be safe." I tell him and he nods.

"I always am. I love you Sof."  He tells me and I nod while he walks through the front yard his driver waiting at the black sleek car.

"Love you more dad." I call after him. His driver opens his door and he sits down inside shooting me a last look.

"Change before that guy arrives." He says lastly before the driver closes the door and they speed off the street. I close the door behind me and sigh while my eyes wander around the big living room. I let out a small chuckle before I rush over to the music system while I search for the right cd to put in.

My eyes fall on Matangi and I get on my tip toes to pull it out of the shelf. I put the cd in and turn the volume up as it starts to play the first song. Bad girls. The bass vibrates against the walls and the porcelain cups in the vitrine shake but I ignore it as I smile and jump up on our sofa.