10

"She hates me

"She hates me."

"No she doesn't. Now don't stand up. She's your best friend Sof so don't screw it up." Sam says while he pushes the glasses a bit higher on his nose.

"I'm trying to okay." I grumble while I think about his words because I'm a specialist in fucking things up so it's not really helpful to tell me this. I focus my eyes on my black chipped nail polish and start to make it even worse while my knee bounces up and down.

"Where is she?" I look around the cafeteria to catch her longe blonde hair but it's nowhere in sight.

"She said she would come" Sam says a worried look on his face and I sigh.

"It's alright I still have homework to do." I say and grab my bag because I didn't want to do this in the first place. I don't even know what I would've told her.

I think it's completely unneccessary that she makes such a big thing about me not telling her what I talked about with Verona. I know she's my best friend but does that mean I don't have any privacy anymore?

I clutch my bag to my chest and stand up while Sam protests. I turn around anyways and walk straight into a hard chest. I look up surprised when I see the glare of Zayne's blue eyes on me.

"Hey..?" I ask a bit confused because he looks like he wants to rip my head off.

"Where were you on Saturday? I called you five times and I stood in front of your house two hours straight!" I flinch at his voice cause it booms through the whole cafeteria. Fuck, I completely forgot about the party Zayne invited me too. I was obviously at the club but I can't tell him that.

"I am so sorry Zayne. I really forgot it I was out for a run-"

"For two hours?" The once blue eyes are icy and cold which is a big difference to what I'm used. I don't think Zayne yelled at me this way ever.

"Yes for two hours. Listen I'm sorry I would've told you if I didn't forget about it."  I tell him calmly because I'm scared he's going to explode every second. I am not scared of him I know Zayne would never hurt me and especially not in front of everyone but still this is causing unnecessary drama and gossip in school.

"I have the feeling I don't see you anymore and you dodge me all the time!" He says now desperately and I bite my lip guiltily.

"Can we not discuss this right here?" I whisper leaning forward sligtly and he scoffs.

"Why don't you want everyone to hear this? I don't care who listens Sof I just want you to be honest, you know I love you so tell me what's wrong?" His eyes look at me sadly while his hand grasps mine in his. I really don't want to do this in the cafeteria this is none of their business.

Teenager's are cruel they're gossip hungry sharks that jump at every story they can get and talk about. I don't want to stand in the middle of attention like last time when my mom died.