Painful confrontation

*To everyone still reading and begging for the story to turn happy. Well, guess what? It's coming soon this is one of the last sad chapters. Thank you for the support. Please like, comment, and tell your friends to read.*

"You know, I am aware that I hurt you, and you have every right to be mad at me for it, but I think you have gotten back at me enough already. I understand your past actions, but at this point, this is just low." A familiar voice calls from behind the bluenette. 'Oh no, this can't be happening to me,' Marinette thinks to herself before turning around to face a pained Adrien on the verge of tears.

Adrien had stayed behind intending to ask Marinette which house they should stay in for the week. He has been so excited to finally have some time with her, to be able to talk to her and hopefully fix things between them. Adrien felt as if his luck was about to change. Marinette had read the letters, and now they could be together a whole week, giving them plenty of time to talk about their problems. 

He knew in his heart his princess still loved him. She could pretend not to love him all she wanted. But if that were true, then why was she was wearing a Chat Noir sweater. One, that was most likely made by her? Not only that, but the look in her eyes this morning almost made him think she wanted to run towards him unless he imagined the whole thing. Wait, he didn't, did he? Adrien couldn't be so sure anymore. He had found himself lacking sleep this past week. So much so that he even managed to hallucinate once or twice.

Adrien remained quiet as Marinette began to talk. It took one second for his world to once again, take a 180-degree turn. His smile fell upon hearing Marinette's words. 'She hates me that much?' he asked himself as he fought back the tears that threatened to spill. The thought of her wanting to get away from him disintegrated his heart.

 Adrien tried hard to control his breathing in an attempt not to alert her of his presence, and apparently, it did not completely work because that was when Mrs. Bustier's eyes met his. Adrien shook his head and signaled a small no as he attempted not to quarrel with the bluenette in the middle of a classroom, but even then, she had hurt him.

Adrien felt himself getting angry. He could understand her needing some time away, but this was too much. Yes, he had indeed messed up, and he knew that, but had he not paid the consequences already. His friends were farther apart. Adrien was alone. 

He lost the love of his life, he pushed ladybug away for her, the pain of her distance was killing him, and Kagami broke up with him after the fight with Luka. Not that the breakup bothered him much, actually it came as quite a relief, but the way she did it was by far too hurtful. I mean, a slap to the face and ending their friendship like that was a bit much, and although he managed to explain the situation and fix it a few days later, they had not been the same.

Adrien thought of how he ruined his own life enough for her to keep putting him in more pain, but even then, it didn't matter. Adrien was hopelessly in love with her. He only wished the teacher would deny her request. No matter how hurtful her actions had just been, Adrien still wanted to talk to her, to fix things with her, and the blonde would do just that. If he has the chance, that is. But that would be later because right at this second, all he wanted to do was confront her for her injustice.

Adrien tried to hold his anger inside, but it had already taken hold of him. And although he was grateful that Mrs. Bustier had denied her request, just the fact that she tried to replace him still made him angry. Adrien watched as his teacher walked out of the room, leaving the two teens alone together. Adrien was about to ignore his anger and not confront Marinette, but as he was about to turn, he heard a sigh of disappointment coming from her.

Upon hearing the sigh, Adrien completely lost it, letting go of his backpack strap, his fist clenched tightly, turning his knuckles white. Pain, anger, betrayal, he felt it all, and the next thing he knew, he had spoken.