✨40✨

"You're not playing with me, right? Like I'm not a fling or s–something, right?", Jungkook asked nervously.

Taehyung's expression went blank.

"Do you think that low of me, Jungkook?", Taehyung asked, his voice's tone hinting that he's hurt a little.

Jungkook immediately shook his head as he held the other's hand.

"N–no Tae baby! It's just I was insecure! D–Demi told me that I was just a.... Let it b–be!", He said panicking.

"That's the problem my baby, you gotta trust me, in the past too misunderstanding drifted us apart. You're the most precious person in my life, bun! There's No way I'm playing with you, got it?", Taehyung said in a serious tone.

Jungkook immediately nodded his head.

"Yes babe!", He said.

"Is there anything more that you want to ask?", Taehyung asked, wanting to clear every doubt of the younger.

Jungkook remembered about Bogum, he felt a little hesitant to ask but decided to ask nonetheless.

"Y–yes", he replied hesitantly.

"What's that?"

"U–umm I'll talk to you once we sort things out with your father", he said nervously.

Taehyung smiled and ruffled Jungkook's hair lovingly.

"Just ask me whenever you're comfortable, baby, but just remember I'll never play with your feelings as you're the first and only person I see as my boyfriend, yeah?", Taehyung said calmly making Jungkook's heartbeats faster. His words made him feel butterflies in his stomach as his face flushed red and a shy smile crept up on his lips.

He nodded his head shyly.

Taehyung smiled at his shy baby and pecked his cheek before starting the car and driving.

As their destination started getting closer both of them started feeling nervous.

What if step mother manipulates father and make him against me?

Taehyung thought but didn't say a word as he knows Jungkook is getting anxious too.

What if they don't like me and give my Taehyung to that flirty little piece of sh*t!? No That won't happen! I won't let that happen!!

Taehyung glanced at Jungkook and saw him fidgeting with his seatbelt while constantly moving.

He placed a hand on his thigh. Jungkook flinched at the sudden touch but liked it nonetheless.

"Don't worry, baby. Everything's going to be fine", Taehyung said calmly although he was nervous too.

Taehyung's words made Jungkook calm down a little.

After sometime, They finally arrived at Taehyung's place.

They came out of the car. Taehyung held Jungkook's hand and took a deep breath before knocking on the door of the house.

"Just don't be nervous, babe and also my step mom is a little annoying so please don't lose your temper, hmm?", Taehyung said in a soothing voice.

"Yes, love", Jungkook whispered.

The door opened revealing Taehyung's step mother looking at them with a disgusted look. She opened it and went inside not bothering to say something.

"Come, baby", Taehyung said as he entered the house with Jungkook.

They came inside.

Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim were sitting on the couch. Mr. Kim had a smile on his face while Mrs. Kim had a frown on her face.

"Son, it's been long! How are you?", Mr. Kim asked as he gestured them to sit down.

"I'm fine dad. How are you?", Taehyung asked as they sat on the couch their hands still intertwined.

"I'm good, son", Mr. Kim replied.

"Umm dad this is Jeon Jungkook, the CEO of JJK COMPANY and umm—"

Taehyung's father immediately wore his spectacles as he looked at the boy sitting infront of him. He immediately recognised him.

It was the famous JEON JUNGKOOK!

"Oh My God! Are you the famous Jeon Jungkook!! It's so nice to meet you! I've heard a lot about you!", His father said as they both shake their hands.

"It's nice to meet you too, Mr. Kim!", Jungkook said smiling being relieved a little that Taehyung's father appreciates him.

"You're so successful at such a young age! I really admire you a lot!", Mr. Kim practically fanboyed over him.

Jungkook chuckled seeing Mr. Kim being all bubbly.

No wonder my Tae is like that too!

"Do you want something to eat? Oh my why am I even asking this! Please bring something nice for Mr. Je—"

"No it's fine Mr. Kim... And You can call me Jungkook", Jungkook said smiling.

Mr. Kim insisted to get him to eat something but he politely refused.

Taehyung smiled seeing Mr. Kim and Jungkook happily interacting with each other.

While Mrs. Kim just looked at them with disgust.

"How are you friends with Jungkook, Tae?", He asked.

"Umm dad we're n–not friends", Taehyung said nervously.

"O–oh... do you work in his company then?", Mr. Kim asked.

Taehyung actually never told him which company he worked at as he was scared that he might get fired and his mother already thinks he's useless and it would make his father believe that too, when he'll know that he got fired. It would be embarrassing too.

"Yes, dad", Taehyung as he rubbed the back of his neck, Jungkook couldn't help but think how hot he looks while admiring his side profile.

His dad 'ohed' in response.

"Umm dad he's not only my boss but also m–my.....", He paused nervously as he saw their gazes on him.

Spit out Taehyung! It won't turn out that bad!

"Boyfriend"

Mr. And Mrs. Kim choked on their saliva.

"W–what?", Mr. Kim spoke not believing his ears.

"Yes I'm his boyfriend!", Jungkook spoke confidently but only he knows how fast his heart is pounding in his chest. He wants to get out of this situation asap.

"B–but just somedays b–before that you confessed your love to y–your assistant and even kissed t–that person publicly", Mr. Kim spoke.

"Was Taehyung that assistant o–of yours?", He blurted out.

Taehyung squeezed Jungkook's hand to relax him.

Jungkook took a deep breath before saying, "Yes, Taehyung is my assistant whom I confessed that day and even kissed, Mr. Kim..... I just wanted to let you know that I'm in love with your son and although it's been only months that we have met, I still want to be the one whom Taehyung gets married to"

"WHAT!? NO! DEMI IS GETTING MARRIED TO HIM! NOT YOU! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE! I'M PRETTY SURE SHE'S RICHER THAN YOU! A REPUTED CEO WOULD NEVER FALL FOR AN UGLY DUCKLING LIKE TAEHYUNG!!", His step mom blurted out angrily not realizing that Taehyung's father was sitting right beside her.

Both Jungkook and Taehyung's father were fuming with anger after hearing what Mrs. Kim said.