Chapter 23

It was 7pm and I knew that the dinner would start in an hour. I climbed out of bed, pushing my doubts and troubles to the side in my head. Not in a box, as that wasn't allowed. Polly had told me that my emotions were allowed to be shown, but that I had to control when and what I said. I took a long shower, scrubbing the imaginary dirt and hands of those prisoners from my body. I walked through the closet that was here, with the most beautiful dresses in the whole entire world, each specifically made for me. I traced all the material before I found one that suited me best. I grabbed it and slid it on and looked in the mirror and a small smile appeared on my face. I looked perfect, I almost felt like I was the personification of perfection at the moment. The dress was the brown that haunted my dreams and my nightmares, and it showcased my curves and yet it was still perfectly acceptable for a queen. I let my hair loose, applied a very small base of make-up and

I walked down the stairs and just at that moment, my three husbands in suits walked out of the living room into the lobby. They all looked up and at the same time, like a slapstick or whatever, their mouths dropped. I couldn't help but be amused at that as I reached the bottom and I walked to the door, deciding not to wait for them to respond to anything. I went into the car and I sat down and stared out the window once more. The car door opened and I turned my head for a second, as a response, before looking back out the window. My three husbands climbed in, Hugo sitting next to me. I put my hand on his leg and he put his hand on top of it and traced my fingers a bit. I could feel Trevor staring at me, but I didn't want to look at him.

"Are you ok?" William asked very carefully and I turned my head to him. "If all of this is too much for you, you don't have to do it."

"I'm fine." I confirmed "Can we have the same seating arrangements as last night though?"

"We can." William confirmed and I nodded at that as I looked back out the window as I let out a shaky breath. "Are you sure you're going to be ok?"

"I'll have to, won't I?" I whispered back looking out the window with tears in my eyes.

"No. You don't have to be ok." Hugo said. "If you're not ok and you don't want to be here, you don't have to."

"I want to be here. I want to show them that they couldn't hurt me." I whispered softly as I put my hand on my belly and rubbed it a bit. I let out a small breath. "Where are they buried?" I asked after a minute of silence.

"Who?"

"Lea and Oliver?" I responded as I looked at the beautiful trees that were here in Prangie.

"The Royal gravesite. They deserved that." Hugo said and I nodded slowly. "They didn't suffer Julia." He then added, thinking it would reassure me. I tried to get the images of Jude out of my mind, I did put that in a box and I didn't tell Polly about that, I would take that to my grave.

"Even if they did, it wouldn't change the outcome." I said as I looked out the window and I reached for my neck to play with my necklace, but I didn't have it anymore and I sighed at that annoyed as I put my hand by my cheek.

"Julia?" William said carefully and I didn't respond to him, even if I wanted to run up to him in this car and jump on top of him to hug him. "What happened down there?" he asked very carefully. Was he shitting me right now? "What happened to your parents, to your sisters, to Jude?" he asked very carefully and I turned my head and I felt like bursting right now. Not out of sadness, but out of anger.

"You're going to ask me that minutes before we're having dinner with hundreds of world leaders?" I snapped at him and he looked at me with more sadness. The car then stopped "Well here is your answer; it is none of your fucking business, if you had kept your fucking promise nothing would've happened." I said and I opened the car door and smashed it shut. I walked up the stairs, and I knew I looked pissed off but I didn't care about that. I walked up the stupid stairs of the stupid town hall and the doors opened for me. My body was shaking out of anger and I paced from one side to the other for a bit to calm down, move my arms. Why did he have to mention them? Why did he have to do this? Why didn't they leave my mind?