Chapter 12

Kakashi had traveled till noon the following day after he had seen Genma before he decided that he had traveled far enough.
(Kakashi POV)
Kakashi stopped at a tree and decided that he had gone far enough as he set down his bag. Kakashi then pulled out his summoning scroll and bit the tip of his finger producing blood. Kakashi then spread it on the scroll.

"Summoning jutsu." Kakashi said as he summoned Pakkun.

"What's up Kakashi?" Pakkun asked looking up at Kakashi.

"Hey Pakkun I'm going to need you to track Rin again." Kakashi said.

Pakkun nodded and sniffed the bracelet that Rin had given to Kakashi before he sniffed the air."She's near the Hidden Sand Village that's about two more days of travel." Pakkun said.

"Don't worry Pakkun." Kakashi said as he pulled out a kunai.

"A kunai?" Pakkun asked confused.

"Not an ordinary kunai." Kakashi said as he turned the kunai over in his hand showing the writing on the handle of the kunai while showing the three prongs on it as well.

"It's one of Minato's?" Pakkun questioned after looking at the kunai again.

"Yeah, he gave me a few for my birthday before the attack." Kakashi said. His voice trailed off when he mentioned the attack. A gloomy atmosphere overtook Kakashi as he mentioned it, but he continued. "I really haven't had a time to use these before, but now seems like a good time." Kakashi said.

"But that doesn't really solve the issue of how we're going to get there." Pakkun said.

"Oh that's simple Pakkun when I fought against them last time I used a substitution jutsu while the real me watched the fight and stuck one of Minato's kunai into a tree, so are you ready to go?" Kakashi asked twirling the kunai on his finger before putting it back into his ninja pouch.

"Cool your jets I'm coming." Pakkun muttered as he jumped onto Kakashi's shoulder.

Kakashi and Pakkun then teleported to the tree that Kakashi had stuck the kunai where he fought against his former teammates.

Kakashi pulled the kunai out of the tree and returned it to his weapons pouch. Pakkun was sniffing the air to get find where Rin is.

"You got anything?" Kakashi asked looking at Pakkun who was still sniffing.

"She's a bit away, but she's on the move." Pakkun said as he and Kakashi leapt through the trees.

Kakashi then grabbed Pakkun and put him on his shoulder. "It will be quicker this way." Kakashi said as he moved faster through the trees towards Rin.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(Itachi POV)
Sasuke was making his way through the village quickly jumping from roof to roof, before he was grabbed off of one of the roofs.

Sasuke didn't get a good look at the figure until they stopped moving and the figure placed Sasuke down.

Sasuke looked up to see that it was Itachi that had picked him up. He then looked around to see where Itachi had taken him.

Sasuke realized that they were in the Uchiha compound. "Why have you brought me here?" Sasuke asked.

Itachi didn't answer as he made his way onto the back porch and sat down motioning Sasuke to follow. He did so reluctantly sitting down next to Itachi.

"Why have you brought me here?" Sasuke asked repeating his question.

Itachi turned to Sasuke before answering him. "To show you that revenge won't solve your problems and will only take you down a path of darkness as it has for me and many others. Itachi said looking away from Sasuke and into the distance.